Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Klim Kostin takes a stupid O-zone penalty 2-minutes into the game in New Jersey, and the Devils make them pay on the ensuing power-play. You have to wonder how long of a leash Kostin will get in Edmonton. He hasn't looked very good.
He’ll be out of the NHL after this season, IMO. He doesn’t have what it takes, so then he’ll go back to the KHL.

Reactions: TheDizee

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Guy won 3 Selkes, finished in top 5 another 5 times, and won 3 Cups. That's a more impressive resume in my mind. And he is near the bottom of HOF too.
I would rather have Bernie over Guy and I am not a big Bernie fan. Ultimately, Cups are a team trophy, not an individual one. I am not sure it should be high on the requisite list given how high the bars is for HoF status.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would rather have Bernie over Guy and I am not a big Bernie fan. Ultimately, Cups are a team trophy, not an individual one. I am not sure it should be high on the requisite list given how high the bars is for HoF status.
they are, but Guy won hardware (selke) multiple times. Bernie never came close to any. and Guy is generally considered a questionable HOF choice.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
they are, but Guy won hardware (selke) multiple times. Bernie never came close to any. and Guy is generally considered a questionable HOF choice.
Guy was a .5ppg player. That’s a pretty pathetic point total of a forward in the Hall of Fame. I guess he had plenty of ti e to perfect his defense, because he forgot to work on his offense.

Conversely, Bernie was the opposite. A PPG plus player who was poor defensively.

But I will take the guy with over 1,000 points over a guy who played over 300 more games and had nearly half as many points.

Guy was a complementary piece (a great one). Bernie was more of a star.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Guy was a .5ppg player. That’s a pretty pathetic point total of a forward in the Hall of Fame. I guess he had plenty of ti e to perfect his defense, because he forgot to work on his offense.

Conversely, Bernie was the opposite. A PPG plus player who was poor defensively.

But I will take the guy with over 1,000 points over a guy who played over 300 more games and had nearly half as many points.

Guy was a complementary piece (a great one). Bernie was more of a star.
bernie put up points in high scoring era. he was never higher than 8th in league in points. carboneeau is controversial choice, i get it and i'm not even saying i would have voted for him. but bernie is really weak HOFer who shouldn't be there either.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Klim Kostin takes a stupid O-zone penalty 2-minutes into the game in New Jersey, and the Devils make them pay on the ensuing power-play. You have to wonder how long of a leash Kostin will get in Edmonton. He hasn't looked very good.
Probably longer than it should be given how awful their bottom 6 is

Reactions: eibyyz

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
That Canes/Jets game was crazy. Carolina trailed 3-0 with five minutes left in the 3rd when RBA pulls the goalie for the extra attacker three different times to tie it up. Jets fans are stunned…then elated when the Jets win it in OT. Amazing finish.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
It's remarkable how the Oilers have 2 of the best players in the league and have done nothing with them. Outside of McDavid/Drai going nuclear they have nothing. They still have no depth scoring, their Defense is a mess, and goaltending is very iffy.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It's remarkable how the Oilers have 2 of the best players in the league and have done nothing with them. Outside of McDavid/Drai going nuclear they have nothing. They still have no depth scoring, their Defense is a mess, and goaltending is very iffy.
Bad GMs are bad.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Edmonton can't get a #1 defenseman and the Blues let them go like they could be replaced. Who needs a #1 defenseman? Why would you even want the Cup? It's heavy.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I warned them about Kostin, but they’re still becoming enamored. Whatevv
But he skates and has the size of a high first round pick (this is what one of their posters actually said, I think last night)…I wish him the best, but I see a tweener.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Stan Krabford placed on waivers by Nashville. At 1Y with a 850k caphit. Might not be the worst waiver claim.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Have to admit, never in a million years would I have seen this coming from Thompson. Good for him though.
I was among the highest on him of all the posters here and was well in the minority when I said that I'd be surprised if he never had a 30 goal season in the NHL.

I never imagined that this is the player he would become. 38 goals last year, he signs a widely-criticized big money deal this year and backed it up by scoring 13 in his first 19 games for a 56 goal pace. Currently tied for 4th in goals and 8th in points. Incredible.

The Blues will absolutely never "lose" the ROR trade because it directly helped us win the Cup. No single thing wins a Cup, but ROR was absolutely critical to the win. We don't win that Cup without him and we've gotten several great years out of him. That trade is a "win" for the Blues no matter what.

But it is looking like a win for Buffalo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad