Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Hopefully it’s not one of his kids.

Tags Thompson has 4 goals in Columbus tonight. You didn’t think the Blues would be able to win a Cup without sacrificing the greatest goal scorer in the post-Ovechkin era That is so very Bluesy.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I just turned on TNT. I knew Tage Thompson was having a night but wow 9-2!

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
His one-timer is unreal. Buffalo won’t finish out of the top 5 in PP % for the next decade w/ that laser.

Reactions: Brian39

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I would have felt better if he not turned out to be this good but I would still make the trade. The cup was worth it.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Jimmy the Midnight Snuggler is going to be Tage Thompson lite. His one timer looks so very close to Thompsons.

Reactions: mk80

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
Tage is legitimately one of the best players in the league. The question is how the hell did we get here?
Well we did unload Burglund & Sobotka in the trade as well & we saw how that turned out. Also worth note, the Sabres groomed him much differently than what the Blues were doing & it worked out very well for them. He may have never been given the chance to develop properly in our system.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Well we did unload Burglund & Sobotka in the trade as well & we saw how that turned out. Also worth note, the Sabres groomed him much differently than what the Blues were doing & it worked out very well for them. He may have never been given the chance to develop properly in our system.

Didn't they just throw him into the fire and let him burn for a while? That doesn't seem like a productive way to develop a player but more pure luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad