Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
How come when I look at the Bruins roster, I’m not that impressed? How is their record so good?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just looked at Chychrun, and he has 13 points in 14 games. Wonder who is going to pay up for him.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Just looked at Chychrun, and he has 13 points in 14 games. Wonder who is going to pay up for him.
Chychrun's appeal when healthy is obvious but his injury risk factor is similarly obvious.

If he hadn't had the injuries from last season then I'd still happily trade a 1st + Neighbours/Bolduc + B prospect (like Alexandrov quality) to get him justified, as previously, on the same grounds that neither Neighbours or Bolduc is particularly special despite each being a quality prospect.

But, he did accumulate further injuries so it's just a super high risk high reward type move with the emphasis on risk.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Oof the panthers lose against the devils and drop to exactly .500. They better start winning because they could potentially hand Montreal a high pick.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Someone please help me figure this out.

The Kraken are doing extremely well this season with Dunn as their best D-man.

The Blues are doing lousy this season because you can’t win in the NHL when Faulk and Parayko are your best D-men.

How can both of these statements be true?

As we saw in 2019, good defense is more about team effort and not individual ones. One player doesn't make or break a team's defense.

I'm happy for Dunn's success, but I think the Kraken will eventually fall back to reality at some point this year. And he may be their best offensive defenseman, but he's not their best defensive defenseman. Adam Larsson has always been a beast in his own end and does most of the heavy lifting on D. I never understood why so many fans think higher point totals make someone a better defenseman. Dunn is 5th on his own blue line in PKTOI.

That being said, I didn't see him becoming a true top pair guy but he's showing that he can be with the right partner. At least on an average team, which is what I consider Seattle to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian39

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Ovechkin has tied Goride Howe for 2nd All time tonight. And as a bonus helping keep the Jets in check

Cool video from the NHL showing all the 801 goals for Howe, Gretzky and Ovie

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Chicago sports teams…

3 last place teams
1 second to last place

Hard to believe considering the size of that city and revenues

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Chicago sports teams…

3 last place teams
1 second to last place

Hard to believe considering the size of that city and revenues
Ummmm, what? Across the 4 Major Sports only The Hawks and Bears are in the Bottom 3 of their respective sports.

Bulls are 11th in their conference

White Socks finished 2nd in their Division and 8th in the AL

Cubs finished 3rd in their Division and 10th in the NL

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Ummmm, what? Across the 4 Major Sports only The Hawks and Bears are in the Bottom 3 of their respective sports.

Bulls are 11th in their conference

White Socks finished 2nd in their Division and 8th in the AL

Cubs finished 3rd in their Division and 10th in the NL

The Bulls are 2nd to last in their division

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Pick the Panthers gave up for Chiarot is currently 9th overall. Yikes

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Watching VGK-LAK and they just mentioned that Pietro's daughter was sick with encephalitis.

--

Phil Kessel almost took a skate to the face. The color guy (Stoll) said something like, "Kessel hasn't missed a game in 47 years." His broadcast partner replied. "That's pretty good at 35." LOL

Pheonix Copley in net for the Kings. Funny. He's 30 y/o now. Never a thing for us.

--

Kings 3rd goal was on Pietro. He intentionally highsticked down a passing puck, therefore taking himself (and his teammates) out of the play, and then failed to recover and prevent a goal by Iafallo.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Leafs got fined for two different reasons related to their game in STL. First they departed Toronto about 100 minutes before midnight on the 26th violating CBA-negotiated vacation rules and second Keefe got fined for his demonstrations toward officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad