Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Leafs got fined for two different reasons related to their game in STL. First they departed Toronto about 100 minutes before midnight on the 26th violating CBA-negotiated vacation rules and second Keefe got fined for his demonstrations toward officials.
I couldn't understand why he was upset about 'interference' in the one goal. I assumed he meant goaltender interference, but there was nothing shown on the replay that looked remotely like that. Maybe a play away from the puck?

But the missed high stick was pretty bad. His team should have received the benefit of a double minor late in the 3rd. If that had happened to the Blues I'd be irritated. But I wouldn't rant and rave like a horse's ass.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I couldn't understand why he was upset about 'interference' in the one goal. I assumed he meant goaltender interference, but there was nothing shown on the replay that looked remotely like that. Maybe a play away from the puck?

But the missed high stick was pretty bad. His team should have received the benefit of a double minor late in the 3rd. If that had happened to the Blues I'd be irritated. But I wouldn't rant and rave like a horse's ass.
There was a pick thrown before Kyrou got the puck. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but Wes McCauley called back the would be game winner in game 7 against Tampa for a basically identical play so Keefe wanted him to hear about it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Vrana on waivers. Think he has potential substance abuse issues and hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, but wonder where he goes. Cap hit of 5.25 for next season.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Vrana on waivers. Think he has potential substance abuse issues and hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, but wonder where he goes. Cap hit of 5.25 for next season.
I've read comments about this being a no-brainer for the Blues to claim him given our current roster need, but I think it would be a bad move. It is possible (if not likely) that all of 47-90-91 are back on the active roster by mid-February. Having another big salary on the roster would almost certainly force Armstrong to accelerate a trade of one of 90 or 91 to stay cap compliant. Financial duress is not the way to maximize your return on a player.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I've read comments about this being a no-brainer for the Blues to claim him given our current roster need, but I think it would be a bad move. It is possible (if not likely) that all of 47-90-91 are back on the active roster by mid-February. Having another big salary on the roster would almost certainly force Armstrong to accelerate a trade of one of 90 or 91 to stay cap compliant. Financial duress is not the way to maximize your return on a player.
And also the fact that he might just not be worth it. There are possibly bigger issues where a lot of teams don't want to take him, but the player himself might not be worth it either where teams just pass. I think teams put stock into what good executives think of their own players, so if someone like Yzerman waives you, others will think twice.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
And also the fact that he might just not be worth it. There are probably bigger substance abuse issues where a lot of teams don't want to take him, but the player himself might not be worth it either where teams just pass. I think teams put stock into what good executives think of their own players, so if someone like Yzerman waives you, others will think twice.
Was it confirmed that it was substanse abuse? The NHL player assistance program also covers Mental Health issues and other matters as well.

I only ask because it's a pretty big slap in the face of your dealing with depression or other mental health issues and then you get slammed by false accusations of substance abuse.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was it confirmed that it was substanse abuse? The NHL player assistance program also covers Mental Health issues and other matters as well.

I only ask because it's a pretty big slap in the face of your dealing with depression or other mental health issues and then you get slammed by false accusations of substance abuse.
No, I should've phrased it like my previous post, with potential. I don't think we know what the actual issues were.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
And also the fact that he might just not be worth it. There are possibly bigger issues where a lot of teams don't want to take him, but the player himself might not be worth it either where teams just pass. I think teams put stock into what good executives think of their own players, so if someone like Yzerman waives you, others will think twice.
Beyond the off ice things surrounding him, it does appear that the Wings are trying to clear his salary to activate Fabbri according to the Detroit Free Press. Detroit Red Wings surprisingly place Jakub Vrana on waivers

Reactions: bleedblue1223

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
It was really physical too. The Slovaks were mean around their net. Bedard is so far and away the best player in this tournament. He is going to change the fate of the team that drafts him.
You mean he's going to change the fate of our team :naughty:

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Beyond the off ice things surrounding him, it does appear that the Wings are trying to clear his salary to activate Fabbri according to the Detroit Free Press. Detroit Red Wings surprisingly place Jakub Vrana on waivers
Wings have cap space. It is to clear roster spot. But that aside, it is a bit shocking. He is talented player and if he has worked through his demons can be a real asset for someone. His salary next year will scare off many teams but he could be smart pickup I'd think for team like buffalo that has cap space and isn't trying to tank.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wings have cap space. It is to clear roster spot. But that aside, it is a bit shocking. He is talented player and if he has worked through his demons can be a real asset for someone. His salary next year will scare off many teams but he could be smart pickup I'd think for team like buffalo that has cap space and isn't trying to tank.
Hopefully whatever organization he ends up in, whether somewhere else or in Grand Rapids, it's an organization that really has the support structure in place to let him continue working through things off ice. A place like Buffalo may not be the place still to facilitate all that he might need, even if the on ice fit is a good one on paper.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Kane was pulled in the 2nd period of the hawks game with an injury. Don't know the severity of it but damn all the trade pieces going down with injuries

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Tage f***ing Thompson

The guy couldn’t stand up on skates with the Blues if someone breathed on him..

Everyone knows the trade was worth the Cup but holy St. Louis Blues…
Would've been a great time to have Tage as the #2 center behind Thomas, but his wingers would be a short list. I don't know if guys like Schenn or Saad really compliment Tage well, but just imagine a line of Thomas, Thompson, and Kyrou. MEGA-offense, hardly any defense.

Reactions: Spektre

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Would've been a great time to have Tage as the #2 center behind Thomas, but his wingers would be a short list. I don't know if guys like Schenn or Saad really compliment Tage well, but just imagine a line of Thomas, Thompson, and Kyrou. MEGA-offense, hardly any defense.

Buch-Tage-kyrou would be so good. I'm still genuinely floored at how good he randomly got. He's just so confident with the puck and can actually dangle through multiple guys and I have no idea where or how he learned it

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Would hands down be the nastiest line in the league. Holy hell

Buch/Tage/Kyrou
Neighbors/Thomas/Saad

Would have been a nasty top 6 imo.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Would hands down be the nastiest line in the league. Holy hell

Buch/Tage/Kyrou
Neighbors/Thomas/Saad

Would have been a nasty top 6 imo.

Nastiest line in the league? I don't see McDavid's name. He and Draistl with a 12-year old who got booted off his pee-wee team would give any line you could make out the rest of the NHL a run for its money, much less Buch/Tage/Kyrou. Marner-Matthews-Nylander or Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog are better than anything we could put together, even with Tage.

Reactions: bleedblue1223
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad