Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Athletic has long article on Pens. Total clown show. Hextall comes off as complete moron.
There was a time when I thought he was a good GM that was given a terrible situation in Philly. I thought he was let go too early before he could start making moves to improve the team after its rebuilding phase.

He wasn't given the greatest situation in Pittsburgh either, but my God did he do himself no favors with the moves he made.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Athletic has long article on Pens. Total clown show. Hextall comes off as complete moron.
I wouldn’t like the situation there where the Fenway/Red Sox group bought the Pens as it screams of simply being a corporate maneuver with profitability over winning Cups…but yes, Hextall comes off as an out of touch moron in that article.

Shows up to a meeting with the new ownership group on his plan for the on ice product for the next few years and he simply says, “it’s in my head” What??? Frantically puts a document together after being ordered to put it on paper.

Then waives and trades guys in the middle of the dad’s trip, one of which found out via social media while all the players and dads were out to dinner together. No wonder the floundered. The atmosphere and morale had to suck.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
I wouldn’t like the situation there where the Fenway/Red Sox group bought the Pens as it screams of simply being a corporate maneuver with profitability over winning Cups…but yes, Hextall comes off as an out of touch moron in that article.

Shows up to a meeting with the new ownership group on his plan for the on ice product for the next few years and he simply says, “it’s in my head” What??? Frantically puts a document together after being ordered to put it on paper.

Then waives and trades guys in the middle of the dad’s trip, one of which found out via social media while all the players and dads were out to dinner together. No wonder the floundered. The atmosphere and morale had to suck.
Maybe he was a Flyers double agent….

Reactions: hockeywiz542

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
What a disgraceful Game 3 by Benn, Domi and the Dallas fan base. You cross check a player in the back of the neck when he's on the ice ... not because you actually think you're going to lift the Cup later ... you know you're never earning the Cup. You are outmatched and so you Bertuzzi a guy
The only problem is that the guy talking the cross check is another dbag: Mark Stone.

Benn was stupid. There are better ways to spark a dbag vs dbag fight.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
If the playoffs ended now and Vegas was the winner Eichel would probably win the Conn Smythe, but I think the world where Petro wins that trophy is becoming more and more likely as these playoffs take shape.

If Petro shuts down Tkachuk and they beat Florida and has some decent numbers he's got a good shot. He's built up "the narrative" around him throughout the playoffs so far, and Vegas' forward performance is balanced enough that could end up being a tie breaker at the end.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I didn’t think he was awful in Philly. I thought he had a vision of building through the draft but other executives and ownership wanted to compete sooner. I thought he was let go because of irreconcilable differences. No?
he was clearly worse in pittsburgh, but philly has been a mess for years and he fit right in with that.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If the playoffs ended now and Vegas was the winner Eichel would probably win the Conn Smythe, but I think the world where Petro wins that trophy is becoming more and more likely as these playoffs take shape.

If Petro shuts down Tkachuk and they beat Florida and has some decent numbers he's got a good shot. He's built up "the narrative" around him throughout the playoffs so far, and Vegas' forward performance is balanced enough that could end up being a tie breaker at the end.
I wonder if the Draisaitl lumberjack-ing could hurt Pietro in Conn Smythe voting.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I wonder if the Draisaitl lumberjack-ing could hurt Pietro in Conn Smythe voting.
Possibly. Pronger was on the short list of the 2007 Conn Smythe, but was suspended for one game during the WCF and one game in the Finals and ultimately lost out to Niedermayer despite many thinking Pronger was more worthy. I’m sure the suspensions didn’t help his case.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

We all know he's not going to stop the Tkachuk.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
good thing we kept -40 +- fortnite boy over trading for tkachuk

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lmao Tkachuk is such a superstar and people on this board try to convince themselves trading for him would have made us worse.

Classic.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad