Seravalli comes in hot with an all-time tone deaf season prediction

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
absolutely horrific...i'll be boycotting him from here on out...that's inexcusable.
I suck at telling an extreme position from sarcasm, do you really find it horrific, or are you being sarcastic?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Strange wording... poor taste. But not something worth having a witch hunt over..

I didn't expect Seravalli to back off the words at all... the guy is kind of obnoxiously stubborn.
witch hunt? Like burning witches? Salem style?

Weird. I'm just gonna boycott the moron.

Cassie Campbell's husband is an AGM with the Flames and she openly pulls for them all the time. Kelly Hrudey is near tears with every Flames loss.

Frank sucks and is an idiot but fandom shouldn't get someone cancelled.
I don't care who he cheers for...he's obviously a garbage reporter. Canceled. Done.

Reactions: nucks88

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
People get offended easily. That’s a nothing-burger of a comment.

Now had he said, “with a little help from THE LOSS OF Gaudreau….”, that would’ve been pretty horrible.

It’s pretty clear he meant in a guardian-angel kinda way.
clear as mud

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There is no indication that it's sarcasm. People are seriously pissed about this.
I get the sense people are angry about the whole situation (the Gaudreau brothers) and looking for places to vent. To me this doesn't seem all that bad. The guy meant it as saying maybe JG can bring some luck in the lottery from heaven.
I don't understand the actual outrage. Sure I understand some displeasure in mentioning JG but to go after the guy like he spit on the grave seems like some people are upset about other things and looking to vent.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
There are just so many things wrong with this that it’s hard to believe it’s real.

1. Originally, he either meant that Gaudreau’s death will help the team in the end because they will win the lottery, or that Gaudreau is going to influence the lottery from beyond the grave so that CBJ will win it. Both are brutal and absurd.

2. Suggesting that a draft pick is consolation for the death of a human being with a family that loves and misses him.

3. Suggesting that a draft pick constitutes “hope and help” for people mourning the passing of a human being.

4. The fact that this prediction is needless, baseless, and meaningless, and probably won’t happen anyway. Involving Gaudreau’s name is wholly unnecessary and in incredibly poor taste, no matter how he could have possibly worded it.

5. No sane person would think publishing something like that is a good idea. He did it to generate clicks/controversy/publicity and planned on retracting it after. It’s sleazy, callous, and exploitative. You’ve got to wonder if it was motivated by a bit of schadenfreude on his part. Psychopath behaviour.

6. This is why people hate the press/media. He literally tried to capitalize/profit off of Johnny Gaudreau’s death - I’m sure there’s quite a bit of extra clicks and ad revenue as a result of this, and there will continue to be, even though he edited it. It’s still moronic even after the edit. Despicable.

I’m sure there will be some comments in response to the above along the lines of “it’s not that deep/it was just a lapse in judgement/it’s not that serious. My preemptive response to that is:

Don’t be so naive.
There’s being offended..and then there’s this
Digging extra deep to make up theories in order to be extra offended

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Sadly we exist in a time where outrage has become some Orwellian moral litmus test.
It drives me nuts in that its pretentious and fake. No way someone who has real world issues like work, school, family etc can be genuinely outraged by something so trivial to their daily life.

Reactions: MoneyManny and Crow

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Sadly we exist in a time where outrage has become some Orwellian moral litmus test.
It drives me nuts in that its pretentious and fake. No way someone who has real world issues like work, school, family etc can be genuinely outraged by something so trivial to their daily life.
It’s extremely poorly worded but he meant nothing malicious..just that the Jackets have a “guardian angel” looking after them now and he’s gonna help them finally win a lottery

Reactions: Edgelord

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

It's super easy to click on this, see Frank is a moron and either unfollow or block him on socials and then not click on any of his articles.

It's not like it takes some tremendous effort to completely ignore someone's online presence just because you have real world issues.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It’s not a theory. People do scummy things like this all the time, especially seedy desperate hacks like Seravalli.

*Someone points out a scumbag doing scumbag things*

You: “Get a load of the conspiracy theorist lolz”.

Just look at the guy and his shit eating grin and you know he isn’t above something like this lmao. He looks like a used car salesman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It drives me nuts in that it’s pretentious and fake. No way someone who has real world issues like work, school, family etc can be genuinely outraged by something so trivial to their daily life.
Your virtue signaling (look how tough and cool and unbothered I am) and use of cliches like “Orwellian” is what’s pretentious.

It’s simple, you find it trivial because you lack empathy and emotional intelligence/intuition.

Let me guess, you’re one of those “respect is earned, not given” people and probably a “dark humor” edgelord as well? Lmao.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Just a dumb way to put it. I don't like Seravalli but this was clearly just accidentally bad wording from him. Let's just breathe.

Reactions: Shark Finn

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I get the sense people are angry about the whole situation (the Gaudreau brothers) and looking for places to vent. To me this doesn't seem all that bad. The guy meant it as saying maybe JG can bring some luck in the lottery from heaven.
I don't understand the actual outrage. Sure I understand some displeasure in mentioning JG but to go after the guy like he spit on the grave seems like some people are upset about other things and looking to vent.
I think the problem is, those of us who don't believe in magic and spirits are automatically going to interpret it the other way.
There does seem to be a little outrage but mostly it's just people calling out stupid imo.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
It’s not a theory. People do scummy things like this all the time, especially seedy desperate hacks like Seravalli.

*Someone points out a scumbag doing scumbag things*

You: “Get a load of the conspiracy theorist lolz”.

Just look at the guy and his shit eating grin and tell me he isn’t above something like this lmao. He looks like a used car salesman.
I think you're being really dramatic here. Human traffickers are scumbags. Drug dealers are scumbags. He said something a little tone-deaf in public, embarassing himself.

I swear there is no grey areas anymore. You're either Jesus or a mass murderer.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I think you're being really dramatic here. Human traffickers are scumbags. Drug dealers are scumbags. He said something a little tone-deaf in public, embarassing himself.

I swear there is no grey areas anymore. You're either Jesus or a mass murderer.
And I think you’re being really disingenuous here.

“At least he’s not a human trafficker or a drug dealer.”

Lmao. And those last two lines are hilarious considering what you just said prior to them.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I'm not 'outraged,' but I do think that's incredibly tasteless and takes a special sort of idiot to think it's appropriate. Just don't go there. Not sure why anyone would need to be told that. That said, he apologized and I am ok with that being the end of this.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I don’t like Seravalli at all so I don’t care to defend him.

But it’s clear people are misunderstanding what he’s saying. He meant that Gaudreau is going to be looking down from heaven and spiritually influence the lottery. That’s different from “this team will be terrible thanks to this guy dying.”

It’s not that big of a deal.

Worse.
So cringey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad