Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Well would have been nice to have 23, but can't complain too much about 29-32 in a year we don't have a 2nd round pick

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Bjorkstrand hit a post late too, and I think oleksiak did earlier as well. Could’ve been a very different game.
Yes all 3 did. Tough for Oleksiak too because his post I think was just a shift or two before the turnover leading to the Hintz goal

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Jason Robertson and Kyrou are pretty similar. They don’t really effect the game if they aren’t scoring.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Jason Robertson and Kyrou are pretty similar. They don’t really effect the game if they aren’t scoring.

They do if the rest of their team plays correctly. Having someone like Kyrou or Robertson on the ice is a threat that the other team needs to pay attention to which leaves openings for other players.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The vultures are circling in Toronto.

Other teams are hoping for a fire sale and guys like Marner are available for a bag of broken sticks

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
"It feels like every team that wins, goes on a stretch of winning, experiences this." – Connor McDavid after getting eliminated referring to ... his own team?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

God Pittsburgh PLEASE take Chia, he’s great I promise!

I don't know how much credit Tulsky and Karmanos deserve for their roles as AGMs, so I can't really comment on whether I'd like them as a GM of my team. However, the names of established guys in the current GM marketplace certainly makes me appreciate having Army as the GM of my team.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The vultures are circling in Toronto.

Other teams are hoping for a fire sale and guys like Marner are available for a bag of broken sticks
As they should.

The structure and AAV of the Matthews/Marner contracts are not remotely trade-friendly and Tavares' NMC means that he can (and almost certainly will) reject any attempt to move him. I don't see how the Leafs can expect anything more than rental value in return and I doubt that they are looking to retain much (if any) since the purpose of the trade is likely to try and remain contenders.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Pietrangelo wins another Cup it’s tough to say anything other than he made the right choice to leave. But would he have HOF credentials after leading the defense of two championship clubs, especially with another strong Conn Smythe-like run?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
If Pietrangelo wins another Cup it’s tough to say anything other than he made the right choice to leave. But does he have HOF credentials after leading the defense of two championship clubs, especially with another strong Conn Smythe-like run.
He'd need an individual trophy. Conn Smythe or Norris. Won't get the smythe over Eichel this year unless he goes gangbusters in the next 2 rounds. I could see a lifetime achievement Norris if the other big defensemen have down years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad