Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
an EP offer sheet kind of makes sense for us

fills our only glaring need (1C), his age lines up with our current prospects better than 2022 or 2023 draft picks which is the only other way we're finding a 1C

on the other hand, we'd be giving up like 3 first rounders, and given how bad we are..... that is a lot. Especially so considering the near-generational talents in the next couple of drafts.

fun to think about. I think its significantly more plausible than the mitch marner offer sheet rumors.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
an EP offer sheet kind of makes sense for us

fills our only glaring need (1C), his age lines up with our current prospects better than 2022 or 2023 draft picks which is the only other way we're finding a 1C

on the other hand, we'd be giving up like 3 first rounders, and given how bad we are..... that is a lot. Especially so considering the near-generational talents in the next couple of drafts.

fun to think about. I think its significantly more plausible than the mitch marner offer sheet rumors.

I'd be all for that. Get EP and we are instantly a playoff team.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
A survey to rate your favorite team's broadcasting crew and the crews of the other NHL teams.

Totally took out some frustration on those Bruins announcers.

Reactions: jaster

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Columbus, man... ./~ Freeeee... Free fallin'... ./~

Kind of pissed about it because they're suddenly another team that could/will get a Top 3 pick.

Reactions: MBH

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm curious how you guys view the Calder race this year. It's been really exciting for me watching Kaprizov and Robertson emerge this year.

People in the Twin Cities have been buzzing about Kaprizov for years and he's lived up to the hype. Dynamic as hell and completely changed the Wild offense.

Kaprizov is older and a more seasoned scorer after his time in the KHL so he came into the league firing away, ala Panarin. Meanwhile Robertson cut his teeth early in the year getting adjusted but has been one of the best producers in the NHL the second half of the season.

Robertson is a big winger that was raised in Michigan. He's a puck hound and everytime he's on the ice he seems to be in the play using his size to control the puck or separate players. He's definitely more of a playmaker than Kaprizov but he's got a sneaky good wrister.

Kaprizov... 47 gp... 22 g ... 19 a ... 41 p... +6 ... 11 ppp
Robertson ... 43 gp... 14 g... 25 a... 39 p... +15 ... 5 ppp

It was a foregone conclusion Kaprizov would win a month ago, but seeing the 21-year-old Robertson outpace him down the stretch do we think he has a chance?

And I've mentioned this in the fantasy thread before, but here's some salt in the wound:

2017 Draft
Pick 38 Gustav Lindstrom
Pick 39 Jason Robertson

Jim Nill, you son of a gun.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
watching all oilers games at this point, want to see mcdavid hit 100 pts in 56 games. Hes an absolute legend and given that hes 24, he is likely at/near his peak right now.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Heard the idea in another sport (as far as fan desired changes) that referees should have to address the media the way the players do.

I actually kind of disagree with this because for the most part the referees are just doing what they're told to do. If anyone should have to face the media it should be the Colin Campbells of the world. But no way the league ever allows for this to happen.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I always love to see this discussion come up and the nuance involved. Always interesting.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I actually really like a lot of the things Tom Wilson provides... And then he does a bunch of other things that send my mind to dark places...

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Keeping my eye on the stRangers lineup for tomorrow... Who do they have that can actually go after Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad