Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Tom Wilson's a real scumbag, eh?
Watched the video. I share the same opinion as the majority in regards to Wilson but Panarin jumped on Wilson’s back, what exactly did he think was going to happen? Panarin deserves some of the blame for being a literal little dumb shit. When you’re 145 pounds you don’t go messing with guys like Wilson.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I don't like to wish injury on Sports people, but Wilson is like a better new age Matt Cooke or similar, and frankly I hope someone blows his knee or breaks his wrist or whatever, because he is consistently doing things that do or are likely to injure opponents. All physical players can mistime hits or catch someone high, or even lose their rag and do something stupid they may regret. But Wilson not only has no regard for the safety of opponents, he actively revels in hurting people unnecessarily. The kind of guy that makes you wish some team would ATO and dress some total killer goon to rearrange his facial furniture.

The worst thing is, in an age where overtly dangerous play is slowly being phased out, this guy is being enabled by Player Safety (ha!) Dept, the NHLPA (more concerned with protecting offenders than fellow pros), the refs, The capitals and the dying embers of bullshit 'good ol' boy' culture. Its rank cowardice from those who can intervene. If he were on some bottom feeder team, or a 4th liner, you can guarantee he'd get suspended a lot more.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So much overreaction. Wilson clowned it up. But so much overreaction.
Over at r/hockey and r/DetroitRedWings, I'm actually surprised by how horrified people are.
Do people not have any context at all? Or are they all just a bunch of follow-the-upvote clones?

I'd be fine with a 1-2 game suspension. But that would mollify the whiners anyway.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
"O-Dog" is annoying. I mean... I don't wholly disagree with what he's saying... But I just find him annoying in every clip. But hey, perhaps that's why he's there.

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
"O-Dog" is annoying. I mean... I don't wholly disagree with what he's saying... But I just find him annoying in every clip. But hey, perhaps that's why he's there.

I had trade deadline coverage on and the GF walked by the TV, saw "O-Dog" and said, "Who the hell is that potato?"

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I had trade deadline coverage on and the GF walked by the TV, saw "O-Dog" and said, "Who the hell is that potato?"

How did you get TSN? Or were you just watching YouTube? I'm under the assumption that we have to be in Canada for TSN and so if that's true I imagine something involving something that rhymes with BeepEeeEhn is going on there?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
How did you get TSN? Or were you just watching YouTube? I'm under the assumption that we have to be in Canada for TSN and so if that's true I imagine something involving something that rhymes with BeepEeeEhn is going on there?

TSN coverage was being broadcast on NBC Sports that day, I believe.

But I've been known to find a pirate stream and hook up the laptop to the TV. Come at me, Bettman!

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
So much overreaction. Wilson clowned it up. But so much overreaction.
Over at r/hockey and r/DetroitRedWings, I'm actually surprised by how horrified people are.
Do people not have any context at all? Or are they all just a bunch of follow-the-upvote clones?

I'd be fine with a 1-2 game suspension. But that would mollify the whiners anyway.
Much like the department of player safety you are looking at the incident in isolation. As I said, players will occasionally lose their sh** and do stupid things, but Wilson is like a damn addict at hurting people through illegal plays. He needs a long suspension for cumulative dangerous play, but the CBA won't allow it as the NHLPA is more worried about preventing fines than protecting its members from injury

Reactions: jkutswings

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Much like the department of player safety you are looking at the incident in isolation. As I said, players will occasionally lose their sh** and do stupid things, but Wilson is like a damn addict at hurting people through illegal plays. He needs a long suspension for cumulative dangerous play, but the CBA won't allow it as the NHLPA is more worried about preventing fines than protecting its members from injury

I saw a clown show. Not anything dangerous or excessively violent.
The worst thing was the shot to Buchnevich while he was down. And if you suspend that... you're setting a new precedent in the NHL.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Unless it is a mistake, it looks like every game on NHL.com TV is free to watch...for the rest of the regular season

Reactions: 14ari13

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Buchnevich took a shot at Ovie before he left and was furious. Not really sure why people keep ignoring that especially when they cry for Panarin. Don't jump on the most violent guy in the NHL's back, when your team is already owed superstar payback. This is also a 5 on 4 scenario, I think Wilson is counting on handling 2 guys in this knowing they are outnumbered. I don't see a suspension and honestly I hope Dolan enjoyed the comment, I would hit him with at least a $250K fine if I was the league.

Reactions: mantha39

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
New footage released of Panarin jumping Wilson.

d4ff7fb1d7949544676ec780f36eb69da7513b4f_00.gif

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I wonder why the DOPS would be so hands off over this?

Could it be that it’s run by a former NHLer who averaged under 6 minutes per game, had 1092 career PIMs, and 169 career fighting majors?

You picked the one goon who seems to have not learned about the dangers of letting shit go without league issued punishment.

They have no choice but to look hypocritical now that they have to suspend Buchnevich for cross checking Mantha across the beak. That should go over well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad