Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
& also -5. KK w/3pts in 12gp, -1. Not sure why Rags are slumping this year, or maybe they overachieved last season. The Lundqvist mojo is gone? ADA drama? & or something else?

Zibanejad has been really slow to start, they have pretty crappy 3rd and 4th lines, their goalies are both young and still raw, they have a below average coach

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, I noticed the Zib slow start too, is he playing injured?

only 3 players above .5ppg. Panarin, Buch, Fox

I'm not entirely sure. I've seen speculation/ comments that Zib isn't one to take his offseason training the most serious and with the strange offseason and lack of full training camp, he has been sort of playing his way into gameshape so far. Also idk if he actually had covid himself but I think I read that?

Edit: yes he did Zibanejad had COVID-19, uncertain for Rangers opener

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No interest w/o Nurse++ as sweeteners.

"The Real Deal" James Neal...on Waivers. More like "Bloated Deal".

James Neal (EDM) on waivers
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) February 13, 2021

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senators reacquire Dzingel, send forwards Galchenyuk, Paquette to Hurricanes

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/ryan-dzingel-trade-senators-hurricanes-1.5913633

Fun Fact:
Feb 2019: Dzingel rejects Sens offer of 5 x $5 million.
Today: 2021
, Dzingel is traded to the Sens. His cap hit is $3.375 million.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
At first I was like, "No Abdelkader" but then I remembered what the Wings did in order for him to not be on that list, haha.
I'm just glad we're not stuck with: EK, Skinner, Vlasic, Okposo, Seabrook etc. SJ is screwed. Skinner's was a joke before the contract was even printed up.

The way SY built TB, they're the only team that can pay high $ for a good 1G & get away with it. Yzerman is a genius...otoh, this is why I don't subscribe to high $/term/caphit G's :

"
CAREY PRICE/SERGEI BOBROVSKY (TIE)
Like other guys, Price and Bobrovsky are on this list through no fault of their own. In a cap world, especially in a flat-cap world, you simply cannot give that kind of money and term to a goaltender. Full stop. Or in this case, not full stop enough. The difference in their salaries is just $500,000 a year, with Price at $10.5 million and Bobrovsky at $10 million, with both under contract for another five seasons after this one. Another reason why these guys are on the list is that, almost without exception, a team can never really tell what it’s going to get from its goaltender from one season to the next."

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Tony DeAngelo: Victim of a smear campaign, says Larry Brooks.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/

Red Wing Marc Staal weighs in.

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.
“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.
“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.
“Racist? I’m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.”

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Tony DeAngelo: Victim of a smear campaign, says Larry Brooks.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/

Red Wing Marc Staal weighs in.

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.
“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.
“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.
“Racist? I’m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.”
Good to hear it from Marc Staal himself. sounds like ADA to DET could actually happen...just a gut feeling, based on this & our woeful PP1&2.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
V-Day humor

upload_2021-2-14_14-30-13.png

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
standings starting to look so wonky right now with the postponements

was just looking at them and noticed the Wings have more points than the Devils right now

....then noticed that the Wings have played 17 games and the Devils have played 9

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Lafreniere has 1 point in 13 games to start his career

Prospect Info: - 2020 NHL draft.
So Veleno in D+1 goes :
59 games 42-62-104 +63
Lafreniere in his Draft year:
32 games 23-47-70 +20

Definite better production from Lafreniere. And it's his draft year, not D+1 year. Still, Lafreniere is about about 9 months younger than Veleno was in his D+1 year -- so maybe not that different.
Is anyone wondering, given Veleno's AHL struggles to some degree, if Lafreniere's stats are a little misleading?

Responses:
"You're just stat watching."
"Lafreniere is the best draft prospect since McDavid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad