Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Janmark now has 5 goals for Chicago.
So does Pius Suter
Gotta give Chicago's Euro scouts some credit for some of their finds since Panarin.
Frustrating because they keep picking up guys I want the wings to pick up!

Reactions: MBH

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Laine "verbally disrespected" a member of the coaching staff is the latest news about his benching.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It depends on the player. I think benching a guy should usually be a last resort type of thing. Maybe Torts is trying to send a message to a new guy who isn't entirely buying in? I don't know, but it feels like Torts is grasping at straws right now.

edit: bench said it better. Kids really threw off my ability to reply in a timely manner.

They're going to pick 1st before us, just saying lol

Reactions: Winger98

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I'm okay with CHI being close to a bubble team for a few seasons, it'll make their eventual real rebuild (if/when they trade Kane/Toews) last even longer.

Agreed on their scouting in general...been saying that since DeBrincat.
Kubalik, Suter, Kurashev, Lankinen!

I've watched Lankinen twice... very good, from what I saw.
If Chicago had Toews and Dach, I think they'd be a playoff team.
I don't think their coach is so great, though.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, after finishing 20 points higher in the standings. I hate the lotto draft.

For the next lottery can we have a "Screaming into the void" catharsis thread where posts aren't really meant for rational discussion? Hehe. Just post after post of, "Bleeping trash ass lottery system!"

And then anyone who responds with, "This is how the system has been for years. You shouldn't be so frustrated." No. None of that. Not for that thread.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
For the next lottery can we have a "Screaming into the void" catharsis thread where posts aren't really meant for rational discussion? Hehe. Just post after post of, "Bleeping trash ass lottery system!"

And then anyone who responds with, "This is how the system has been for years. You shouldn't be so frustrated." No. None of that. Not for that thread.

Yes plz

Reactions: Reddwit

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Open up the DeAngelo thread. That can be where we put all our trash.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Yes, a proverbial Rage Against the Lottery Machine thread is in order. Where we post, yell explatives & phrases like "F**k Blash I won't do what you tell me" over & over, while headbanging to some very hard '90s rock. We'll be like Bulls On Parade. :thumbu:
:laugh::naughty::nod:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-2-10_17-16-6.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-amazon-tech-advancement-1.5909640

"The NHL is taking another step forward in data, analytics, and puck and player tracking.
The league has reached an agreement with Amazon Web Services to put all its video and data on the cloud. The hope is to provide everyone from coaches, executives and players to fans an integrated look at the game with the aid of new camera angles, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Being able to search and sort every player's speed, shot velocity and more isn't here yet, but this is a starting point.
"Before we can get to building, let's just say, like a new augmented-reality app that fans can use in arena to pull up real-time stats and puck and player tracking feedback while they're sitting and watching the game, there's a lot of infrastructure that needs to be in place," said Dave Lehanski, NHL executive VP of business development and innovation. "There's a tremendous amount that we'll be able to do."
"

"There's potentially a lot of ability for coaching staffs to actually help their teams get better by just learning where players may be efficient, where there are some opportunities to co-ordinate better," AWS VP of sales and marketing Matt Garman said.
Later this season, fans looking up stats on the NHL's website will get corresponding video clips and vice versa. The league expects to have new 4K cameras mounted to each arena's centre scoreboard by at least the playoffs to add different angles.
For all the data puck and player tracking can provide, that video will allow Amazon's AI to piece together even more about goaltending, faceoffs, stick positioning and possibly pave the way for new stats and analytics."

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
And?

Carey Price is still a better goaltender than Jake Allen.

Sure.
He's just failing to live up to his contract so far this year.
Allen isn't.
Only 5 more years left to go for Carey Price.

The Canadiens aren't paying him to be an average starting goalie.
They're paying him to be the league's best.

There are two NHL goalies with a cap hit of $10M or more. Both are being outplayed by their backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad