Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
They should move to a 3pt system. 3 points for a regulation win, the rest stays the same. Right now the extra point from OT is being generated from thin air and is devaluing regulation wins.
The extra point (OTL) rewards coaches/systems/teams that play not to lose in regulation. That's my biggest gripe about it. Also we've seen teams with 13+ OT losses in a season finish with higher win% than other (often better) teams that only had 1/2 of those same loser pts. It skews the standings & ensuing matchups in the playoffs. Though I do believe players wanna win in regulation, if they're coached to play trap etc. to get the extra point, it dilutes the integrity of the sport & entertainment value. F**king NJ & their NZ-trap '94/95. Though the OT loser pt. system started well after that.

Reactions: Red Stanley

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Dobson is going to be better than I thought he'd be. And I thought he'd be very good.

Vilardi. Dobson. Cozens. Sanderson.
If that had been our last 4 drafts, we'd be sitting pretty right now.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Dobson is going to be better than I thought he'd be. And I thought he'd be very good.

What the hell have any of those four done to indicate they are any better than who we have? Particularly those last three?
mod

Last edited by a moderator:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Sam Bennett has requested a trade. That feels like a guy Yzerman would go after. Definitely worth a flyer if the asking price isn't absurd.

He would but I wonder why he allegedly wants out. And what if those reasons would only be aggravated while in Detroit?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
He would but I wonder why he allegedly wants out. And what if those reasons would only be aggravated while in Detroit?
Are we going to speculate over this for any player who requests a trade? We can’t presume every player who wants a change of scenery is some sort of problem player. Players requesting trades is far more prevalent in other sports and most of the time questions of character are not called into concern.

Reactions: Electric Eric

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Are we going to speculate over this for any player who requests a trade? We can’t presume every player who wants a change of scenery is some sort of problem player. Players requesting trades is far more prevalent in other sports and most of the time questions of character are not called into concern.

Naw my question wasn't about his character but rather where the team is at. I wondered in his case because Calgary, despite their division rank, still seems like a good team. So if he wanted out because he doesn't think the Flames are any good then... Yeah.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Seider looks fantastic in playing against men.
Raymond looked fantastic in the world juniors.
Zadina is actually improving by leaps and bounds.

Your only possible gripe is Vilardi over Rasmussen... and frankly, I’d take Necas or one of the other guys around there over Vilardi or Rasmussen. Vilardi had/has legitimate injury concerns.

There are so so so many things to bitch about with this Wings team... our last four first round picks are not the place to do it. And definitely not our last three. Again, I’ll give you Rasmussen. Legitimate point that we could have gone another way and been better off. Raymond, Seider, and even Zadina now look pretty dang good.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Debrincat is no longer in the "potential" category. He's got a 40G season & avg. 30+/82gp over 3+ seasons.

Kevin Lankinen .937SV%, 1.97 GAA. 3-1-2 is the real story.

He is going to signle-handedly pull the Hawks out of a top5 lottery pick. :laugh::naughty::nod:

Hawks are an odd group. I know they've just started a re-tool/rebuild, but I didn't realize how small (Short & lightweight) their collective roster is. Only 5 players over 6ft & 200lbs. (not including Dach or Toews). Those 5 are: the corpse of Soderberg, Zadorov, C.Murphy & 2 AHL goalies.

~60%+ of roster is under 190lbs (below NHL avg.), many of them <180lbs (small): (Kane, Kubalik, Debrincat, Boqvist, Suter etc...)...lots of Gnats, they draw blood, but can be smushed too. I don't expect any playoff success out of this group. Bubble team perhaps a few times, but they're headed toward No Man's Land of Mediocrity & an Extended Rebuild eventually.

upload_2021-2-2_22-58-40.png

Last edited:

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Oof... Looks like a hit in a movie.

Edit: Video add. Apparently there's this thing that the refs hate Kerfoot for some reason?

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
"from NHL insider Elliotte Friedman, the NHL is mandating changes to all 31 of its arenas for the remainder of the 2021 season. Those changes, according to Friedman, are:
  • The most noticeable to everyone watching will be the removal of all glass behind team benches. Clearly, the league is worried about air flow in that area, where contact is closest and lengthiest during games. The NHL isn’t waiting on that directive, asking it to be done in time for Thursday’s games.
  • The NHL indicated it is considering asking teams to deploy portable air cleaners behind the benches, “in order to improve indoor air quality and mitigate airborne viral transmission.” These cleaners would use HEPA filters, which Consumers Reports magazine states “results in reductions of 50 per cent or higher in particulate matter.”
  • Players and coaches are no longer permitted to arrive at the arena more than one hour and 45 minutes before puck drop. (The exception is for receiving necessary treatment of injuries.) All meetings — whether game day or not — should be virtually conducted.
  • Teams are being asked to utilize (or create) additional locker room space for themselves and their opponents, with the league looking to have at least six feet between players at each of their stalls. Teams have one week to communicate their plans for accomplishing this. (If necessary, portable stalls can be provided to teams.)"

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The Oilers are so bad.
Tippet is one of those coaches whose day has passed, I think.

I can definitely see Mike Babcock in Edmonton or Buffalo (if they falter) before this season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad