Around the NHL 2015-16: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

The All Star game isn't enough of a joke as it is?

This would definitely be more entertaining. It would be fun to watch teams fight for bragging rights.

I've gone to the last two rookie three-on-three tournaments at FNC and had a blast. Guys really work hard for bragging rights. There is a lot of frustrated stick slamming after games. You should see them argue with the coaches about calls. :laugh:

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Zadorov being sent down isn't surprising. He shouldn't have been in the NHL last year, but London wasn't an option with his contract situation with the KHL.

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
It's a perfectly legal play..........

Rule 10.3 of the NHL Rule Book:

A player will be penalized if he throws, tosses, slides or shoots a stick to a teammate on the ice, or if he picks up and plays with an opponent’s stick. A player may not participate in the play using a goalkeeper’s stick. A minor penalty shall be imposed for an infraction of this rule.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Rule 10.3 of the NHL Rule Book:

A player will be penalized if he throws, tosses, slides or shoots a stick to a teammate on the ice, or if he picks up and plays with an opponent’s stick. A player may not participate in the play using a goalkeeper’s stick. A minor penalty shall be imposed for an infraction of this rule.

HA!!!

I thought it was legal to do that with a teammate's stick, but illegal to do with an opponent's stick.

Learn something new everyday.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I can't recall ever playing one team 4 times in the opening month (roughly) of a season. This will be our 4th game against the Lightning already on Tuesday. Anyone remember anything similar before?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I can't recall ever playing one team 4 times in the opening month (roughly) of a season. This will be our 4th game against the Lightning already on Tuesday. Anyone remember anything similar before?

I'm sure it must have happened to some team during the first few seasons after the 04-05 lockout. It was 8 games against division opponents back then.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Not NHL (mods feel free to move to a more appropriate thread if desired), but anyone following this whole Flint situation in the OHL? Absolutely nuts. Owner fires entire coaching staff (after a gritty come from behind win over Oshawa) just because they aren't giving his son enough ice time (probably because he isn't that good, but whatever). Entire team (including the son) storm into the front office and quit on the spot.

Crazy.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Get used to it. I think we're going to see a lot of Sabres-Lightning over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad