Around the NHL 2015-16: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
How the **** did I miss out on that?
It wasn't advertised and only lasted a few days in mid-October. There was a caching issue, so it was removed. You would've had to stumble upon a post mentioning it or on your own in the User CP. The no streams notice, on the other hand, was prominent, while I posted in the rules thread about that and the return of the 50 posts per page option.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
How so? McDavid being hurt is -- at least from where I'm sitting -- bad for hockey. The kid is entertaining as hell.

Using the same logic of the people that say we lost all the trades because Kane, Bogo and Lehner are hurt.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If they did what would they do with it. Surely Mathews is about as good of a lock to go #1 as Mcdavid was. Do they trade the pick? Drafting Mathews would be some serious overkill in my opinion.

They would pick Matthews and not think twice. The only thing that'd be overkill would be the crooked numbers they'd hang on their opponents. Could you imagine them icing a top-9 that looked like this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Draisaitl-Matthews-"Does It Really Matter?"

My word.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
It wasn't advertised and only lasted a few days in mid-October. There was a caching issue, so it was removed. You would've had to stumble upon a post mentioning it or on your own in the User CP. The no streams notice, on the other hand, was prominent, while I posted in the rules thread about that and the return of the 50 posts per page option.
50 ppp! It was interesting to see curses. It meant, though, that people were going to catch on that I was using a random number of asterisks just to ******* with people instead of actually swearing.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Yeah 5-2 Hawks with 2:00 still left in the 1st period. And still trading 10-bell chances at both ends.

Been watching Parayko, he reminds me a lot of Zadorov, creating offense at both ends of the ice :laugh:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Where do I send my money for McDavid's go fund me account? Are my prayers enough or do I need to sacrifice an animal...or first born?

Will puppies ever be loved again before his return?

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
How could you EVER feel bad for Edmonton in regards to anything Oilers? They have 5 cups and 4 first overalls playing for them. Seriously. That's like feeling bad for a 1%'er because the market fell a few points.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
How could you EVER feel bad for Edmonton in regards to anything Oilers? They have 5 cups and 4 first overalls playing for them. Seriously. That's like feeling bad for a 1%'er because the market fell a few points.

I feel bad for McDavid. I don't feel bad for Edmonton.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
McCurse, McBrittle, McHumpty....

giphy.gif

Does this mean McDavid is older than he's listed?!

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
They would pick Matthews and not think twice. The only thing that'd be overkill would be the crooked numbers they'd hang on their opponents. Could you imagine them icing a top-9 that looked like this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov

My word.

1st - 1st - 22nd
4th - 1st - 1st
3rd - 1st - x

:popcorn:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov

My word.
Their biggest issue is they wouldn't be able to keep them into their prime. But they could figure out which ones are the core and ransom the ones that aren't.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Regarding the McDavid incident, I wonder whether you'd see a more experienced/older player put himself in that position? We know what makes McD special, and it's his ability to do what he does at extremely high speeds. He was going hard to that net very quickly while tangled up and that's one of the reasons why he ended up in the position he did. Just like people talking about E. Kane's game being hard on his body, you wonder if McD's game will put him in much more vulnerable positions.

He was very lucky to get up from that incident with just a broken clavicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad