Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Seems like he’s being sarcastic, but you can clearly see Bergeron rake the entire butt end of his stick across Crosby’s face. The white tape on the end of Bergeron’s stick makes it a bit harder to see. But you can def. see it.

also, Krejci hits McCann in the head with his stick on the same faceoff.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I worry about who the heck gets the center dZS if Eichel and Monahan are 1C & 2C.

Eakin is getting way more dZS than he has throughout his career (61% this year and 51% career to date). And that has not worked well.

That's a consideration. However, I think you get the player and build around them. Eichel or Monahan could handle increase d-zone starts with wingers like Reinhart and someone they trade for, like a Jake DeBrusk.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Speaking of defensive zone centers, its still crazy to me that we didn't keep Larsson, especially if the plan was always holding skinner in the bottom 6.

In 336 minutes skinner has 5 points with Lazar. In 136 minutes he had 7 with Larsson. With Larsson they were also positive in terms of goals and xgoals.

Even if pk was a priority why couldn't we just have eichel, Staal, larry, Lazar down the middle, with girgs(sheahan), rieder, Lazar, okposo as the designated pkers?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Speaking of defensive zone centers, its still crazy to me that we didn't keep Larsson, especially if the plan was always holding skinner in the bottom 6.

In 336 minutes skinner has 5 points with Lazar. In 136 minutes he had 7 with Larsson. With Larsson they were also positive in terms of goals and xgoals.

Even if pk was a priority why couldn't we just have eichel, Staal, larry, Lazar down the middle, with girgs(sheahan), rieder, Lazar, okposo as the designated pkers?
Because Krueger wanted to help a guy from his hometown and decided to sign him for 2+ million for two years, f***!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's a consideration. However, I think you get the player and build around them. Eichel or Monahan could handle increase d-zone starts with wingers like Reinhart and someone they trade for, like a Jake DeBrusk.

Reinhart is another guy that has never been used in that type of role in the NHL.

It also comes down to the cost to acquire. But, I could see adding Monahan being a move that seems better in theory than it ends up being in practice.

If it is a reasonable trade and there aren't any better options out there, it would be worth the roll of the dice. But, my guess is the cost wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad