Around the NHL 20-21 pt. 1: the season begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reinhart is another guy that has never been used in that type of role in the NHL.

It also comes down to the cost to acquire. But, I could see adding Monahan being a move that seems better in theory than it ends up being in practice.

If it is a reasonable trade and there aren't any better options out there, it would be worth the roll of the dice. But, my guess is the cost wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

Reinhart was used in that role when he was with ROR. Bylsma used Reinhart on ROR's wing far more than on Eichel's wing, and in higher QOC and DZS role.

I'm not sure it matters. Eichel would be fine with a higher DZS role, in the same way Kopitar is. Winning a DZ faceoff starts a break out, which is why I've never been really sure why we hold zone starts up as important but not faceoffs. I'll take any zone start that begins with a faceoff win.

Reactions: Eichel9

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm all about trying to get Monahan

Ehhhhhhh. I think our long-term 2C is in-house: Reinhart, Cozens or Mitts. Plus as alluded to above -- I think Monahan would be an excellent 2C if your 1C is much more well-rounded (prime Kopitar, current Barkov or ROR, etc). I don't think Monahan is a good fit at 2C if you have a high-end offensive 1C like we do.

Reactions: joshjull

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think it will be difficult for us to get the first round for Hall. Palmieri and Zajac with 50% retention got first and mehs.

Or maybe, on the contrary, Adams will now insist on the first round, given that for sure at least 3-4 teams will be seriously interested in Hall.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think it will be difficult for us to get the first round for Hall. Palmieri and Zajac with 50% retention got first and mehs.

Or maybe, on the contrary, Adams will now insist on the first round, given that for sure at least 3-4 teams will be seriously interested in Hall.

It could be a matter of taking a bad contract in return in order to get that 1st (which isn't very appetizing, unless it's an impending UFA or only 1 year left).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It could be a matter of taking a bad contract in return in order to get that 1st (which isn't very appetizing, unless it's an impending UFA or only 1 year left).

If there's an extra year, that 100% f***s with our ability to sign Reinhart, Dahlin, and Ullmark to new deals. If we're taking salary back, it has to be another pending UFA. Has to.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Does zajac really carry much value anymore? He’s doesn’t seem like the player he used to be

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Zajac not cap dump. He has the same stats as Hall this season, only more goals scored.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Does zajac really carry much value anymore? He’s doesn’t seem like the player he used to be

Depth center who can play up in case on injuries, can PK if needed. Basically an insurance policy, which hey, if you think you can make a run this year...it's not a bad insurance policy to have.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I feel like it’s kinda sad that NJ traded Zajac, he’s such an institution with that team.

But, I guess a team that can let Marty Brodeur sign with the Blues is capable of pretty much anything.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I guess Taylor ain't going to the Island
why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad