Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
NYR are essentially stuck with a guy they no longer want.
Awkward situation
Rangers are still in a good enough position Cap wise to grind out another season with him, sign Lindgren, and go back to the well another time...Maybe Drury used the trade tactics as a motivator for him, to step up his game, because Schneider re-signed at $2.2 million looked better than him in the playoffs. I think Trouba's situation comes to an end next year, when the Rangers have to re-up on their star goalie and Lafreniere.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
1720899207149.jpeg

Attachments

• 1720899063900.jpeg
    1720899063900.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1720899100784.jpeg
    1720899100784.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: wraithsonwings

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I was in Detroit only once in 2006 for the Super Bowl ... wow seriously I never seen anything like it, it was like a third world country in some areas and then you drive 20 minutes its like you are in a completely different country everything is normal and looks nice. I know every city has bad areas but this looked like a war zone a dead zone you see in the movies.

I'm so happy for the Rangers they can have the fun now dealing with Trouba .... always remember what goes around comes around.
Hello Oakland.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Laf, Stamkos, Hyman, Reinhart, Thomas....Scheifele probably better than all those.

Mark is a unique guy who likes to play the game his way. Very versatile tool kit offensively but lacks passion and consistency of effort without the puck. Mark would be a depth piece on this team so I can see why they went a different direction.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
...if you retain 99% of his salary
You would need them to retain some salary and probably take a contract back (Iafallo?), but a freshly engaged Laine could be a hell of a boost, and if that is enough for Ehlers to re-sign then maybe that gives us a big jump forward. I've been thinking there is something there with one of Columbus' high end D prospects and Rutger. Maybe Chevy works out something big that includes Laine?

tarozi

Oct 4, 2019
You would need them to retain some salary and probably take a contract back (Iafallo?), but a freshly engaged Laine could be a hell of a boost, and if that is enough for Ehlers to re-sign then maybe that gives us a big jump forward. I've been thinking there is something there with one of Columbus' high end D prospects and Rutger. Maybe Chevy works out something big that includes Laine?
Do you actaully like the Jets and want them to win???????? ffs move on

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't think Laine and Ehlers help us take the next step in the playoffs.

I'm ready to try something else

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

"There really aren't a lot of free agents out there. If (teams) have the (salary) cap (space) today, they'll probably still have it tomorrow. I know there are teams that are still interested. Teams keep checking in to see if there's anything new. I tell them, 'You guys have to be comfortable with (Laine), and I can't help you.' I don't know the player personally. I'm not one to try and trick people either, so (we) made him available to chat (when he's cleared)."

- Don Waddell

Laine is eligible to be traded while in the program, but Columbus Blue Jackets president and general Don Waddell told The Athletic that interested parties want to speak with the player before making a move to acquire him. No team, including the Blue Jackets, is allowed to contact Laine while he remains in the program.

Last edited:

Ad

Ad

Ad