Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sounds like Stamkos is going to hit the market according to his agent
Tampa tried offering him eight years at $3 million per year.

I know they have all the Tampa advantages … but sheesh, that’s light.

This is after they tried offering Killorn eight years at $2.5 million last year, ended up signing with the Ducks for four years at $6.25 million …

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

This is after they tried offering Killorn eight years at $2.5 million last year, ended up signing with the Ducks for four years at $6.25 million …
If that number is true that's a slap in the face especially with the cap going up.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Like that isn't cap circumvention for a player as old as him lol. Also time value of money is a real thing. He can likely get a team to give him that in 3 or 4 years vs 8 and be much better off.

Laughably terrible deal.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I don't think those are just OTA streams though are they? You have to log in using your cable acct or something right?
HNIC was on CBC OTA this season. The games were 30 seconds ahead of the SN feed. Downtown right by the Canada Life Centre the CBC OTA has a pretty good signal with a small indoor antenna.
Who knows about next season though.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Like that isn't cap circumvention for a player as old as him lol. Also time value of money is a real thing. He can likely get a team to give him that in 3 or 4 years vs 8 and be much better off.

Laughably terrible deal.
Honestly, if something like that was actually accepted ... is there something the league/other teams can do? The team that proudly brought us the cap-circumvention-in-the-playoffs loophole signing a PPG forward to a $3 million AAV would be, what do the kids call it? Sus. It would be sus.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Paying a 42 year old $3 million is light?
That's how old be will be on his last year.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Ok but $3 mill now isn’t?
I agree but he gets a $24 million contract and has a chance on being on a winning team but he already has 2 Stanley Cup so probably he doesn't feel like playing for 8 more years and wants to cash in on his last contract. Maybe if the Leafs trade one of the big 4 ... they can sign him for big bucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad