Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think its really bad asset management on Rob Blake's part and I don't know how he has a job still
He's traded away solid players for nothing... Durzi, Walker, Faber
Let Korpisalo walk after trading for him... hard to see a clear plan there

I really hope he has fun for most of his contract rebuilding in Washington.
On the bright side, no one else really cares in Washington either so he should fit in

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Pretty bad for both LA and PLD
Kinda surprised he didn't have some trade protection blocking this after he was so adamant to go to LA

Reactions: roccerfeller

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Pretty bad for both LA and PLD
Kinda surprised he didn't have some trade protection blocking this after he was so adamant to go to LA
he couldn't have trade protection this year because it was his final year as an rfa, his protection kicks in july 1st in the 1st year of his unrestricted years

Reactions: Buffdog

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I hope he enjoyed going to the rink in flip flops for a couple months......Well on the bright side he could just quit on the caps also and force his way back to the bright lights :naughty:

Reactions: Buffdog

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Players were falling on the ice untouched from the bad ice and the call against Tkachuk for embellishment was a bad call. You can see from this video he lost an edge. I don't expect to see too many PPs for the Oilers in the next game.
The game is in Edmonton. You can expect to see a lot of PPs for the Oilers.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So LA sent us Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, 2nd rounder (MTL) for Darcy Kuemper... and people actually want Kevin Cheveldayoff fired. The guy has basically moved Dubois who was dealted after 1 year and Copp who played in 1 year of playoffs for NYR for a WEALTH and I mean WEALTH of assets.
There's the silver lining in Winnipeg's potholes! :laugh:

Reactions: kanadalainen

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha amazing.

On one hand, I would have loved for LA to bite the bullet and buy out PLD while it was still 50% over a longer term... would've been crazy funny to see dead cap hit for 10+ years.

On the other hand, getting out of the PLD contract for free (essentially) is a great move for them. Awful asset management if you consider where they were two years ago, but nice work to dump it without giving up major assets or retention for 8 years. Blake should be fired.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha amazing.

On one hand, I would have loved for LA to bite the bullet and buy out PLD while it was still 50% over a longer term... would've been crazy funny to see dead cap hit for 10+ years.

On the other hand, getting out of the PLD contract for free (essentially) is a great move for them. Awful asset management if you consider where they were two years ago, but nice work to dump it without giving up major assets or retention for 8 years. Blake should be fired.
The thing is, PLD's actually pretty good when he wants to be. But he doesn't always seem to want to be. It's not a bad risk for the Caps. I don't think he's washed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad