Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Does Knoblauch show off those "big balls" and go to Pickard for game 4.

29fad23ea1cd21f0e9b7847b5c11cb2c.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Well well well... The Oilers have their work before them.

(edited, just to preserve my own conscience. :laugh::laugh:)

Somewhere, someone (north of Calgary) once wrote this summary:

An egregious defensive implosion, and a Blue Plate Special by Skinner once again by this team.
- very angry fan 66 (room 8-19)

Two of those comeback goals came against the finest centreman in the system (planetary not farm league) line, with the all-star diamond encrusted, and guilded superman being culpable (in my opionion) on both. This monkey boinking team is just even so entitled to free wins and and their mincing skating style play reflects it. They don't stand a Higg's boson's chance in an ocean of heavy water when this happens. Cheat for offence, admire a pass, kick back, let the eyes cross, lose focus, set back and lay back sippin' coconut water with an umbrella in the glass just a-thinkin' they have this donkey boinking game in the bag... and then, look at that, Skinner pecks his schnozz, and of course his mustache locks up, and lo and behold he brings out the beautiful shining silver plate of polished hockey pucks, pucks for free, the usual fine time of delivery for skip the dishes Skinner, Blue plate special - order's up! and forks over a blue plate Skinner special. To be even and fair-minded now, the team snarfed decaying oyster entrails and various gonadal remnants defensively though and that led to the titanic and mind numbing implosion main sequence in the first monkey boinking place. Whats his name Mister 9 million even managed to shoot the puck withis ass cheeks. Just crazy glue the 9.25 contract to Hollands butt afore he leaves for Columbus.

Even I even don't even know what even lineup changes even will do even. This team just prances and parades through a sad dance of multiple monkey boinking coaches, even beyond that, multiple boinking lineup iterations, continue to offer a palpable demonstration of their titanic lack of lack of commitment or motivation and commitment (again) to the Holy Defensive Side (HDS*) of the game. Even - may as well hurl the slightly decayed carcass of Kaptain Pickard into the net, even if he dies in the crease that's the only change I can see that will mollify me at this point. Monkey boinking firetrucking dinks are this group of chicken chokers, and that includes the finest centreman the World has Ever Known...

*1. HDS - or how to sequester 110 points per year. Chapter 6. In: Hockey Lore for the Masses by Rick Bowness, 2024. Bloody Nose Press, Plum Coulee, MB.

Summary:
- Started out good then completely and utterly treble shot the bed in the 2nd.
- Stopped skating, stopped pushing (true) north, just laid back, a-sippin' cocktails, like its an inner tube race down the North Saskatchewan crick, lookin' like lazy morons in our zone.
- tried to lay hits in the second like they's hung over, and the boards were church pews, and Knoblok was the choir master.
- Cici and Nursemaid literally begged the Dallas Stars to rare back, get back, have at it.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Nurse and Ceci together are absolutely atrocious. No idea why Knoblauch went back to that.

The 4th goal Skinner has to stop but it's also an example of the current pandemic of goalies not sealing the post well enough with this reverse VH technique - Henrik Lundqvist went at it on the TNT broadcast a few games back. But it also shows just how good these players are. I don't think Robertson planned to do that, I think he was going around the net and saw that opening in a split second.

I think we'll hear McDavid has some kind of injury once the Oilers season is over, whether it's this round or next.

Reactions: sipowicz

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Nurse and Ceci together are absolutely atrocious. No idea why Knoblauch went back to that.

The 4th goal Skinner has to stop but it's also an example of the current pandemic of goalies not sealing the post well enough with this reverse VH technique - Henrik Lundqvist went at it on the TNT broadcast a few games back. But it also shows just how good these players are. I don't think Robertson planned to do that, I think he was going around the net and saw that opening in a split second.

I think we'll hear McDavid has some kind of injury once the Oilers season is over, whether it's this round or next.
The German staying in Edmonton after next year?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

There are 3 ways to play the RVH there (I won't go into the overlap here)..... 1)Boot in post 2)skate on post 3)toe lock on post.....Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

1) Boot in post covers the short side post the best but if the puck gets out front your push to the middle of the net is slow and leaves you exposed in that case (lots of young goalies use this as it is easiest)
2) Skate on post (like Skinner used) gives up and inch against the post (as we can see that is all Robertson needed here) but if the puck gets out front his push will be fast and powerful as he pushes off the post.
3) In toe lock the post is put between the skate and the pad hitting against the toe ties, it is sometimes tough to hit in the heat of action as it is about a 3 inch target for the goalie to hit (but NHL goalies should be able to get it) it covers the short side post better than skate on post and has a better push off then boot in post.

Either option when a goalie gets beat low short side in the RVH it looks bad and in the end is his fault (Every goalie will want that goal back even though it took an amazing play to work)

Sorry my kid is a goalie and I feel the pain of this lol

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There are 3 ways to play the RVH there (I won't go into the overlap here)..... 1)Boot in post 2)skate on post 3)toe lock on post.....Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

1) Boot in post covers the short side post the best but if the puck gets out front your push to the middle of the net is slow and leaves you exposed in that case (lots of young goalies use this as it is easiest)
2) Skate on post (like Skinner used) gives up and inch against the post (as we can see that is all Robertson needed here) but if the puck gets out front his push will be fast and powerful as he pushes off the post.
3) In toe lock the post is put between the skate and the pad hitting against the toe ties, it is sometimes tough to hit in the heat of action as it is about a 3 inch target for the goalie to hit (but NHL goalies should be able to get it) it covers the short side post better than skate on post and has a better push off then boot in post.

Either option when a goalie gets beat low short side in the RVH it looks bad and in the end is his fault (Every goalie will want that goal back even though it took an amazing play to work)

Sorry my kid is a goalie and I feel the pain of this lol

Yeah I'm a former goalie as well (graduate of the Rick St Croix goalie skills camp, not to brag), and the newer technique just goes against my own instincts to seal the post there. To me though it was a better play by Robertson than a bad play by Skinner.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Yeah I'm a former goalie as well (graduate of the Rick St Croix goalie skills camp, not to brag), and the newer technique just goes against my own instincts to seal the post there. To me though it was a better play by Robertson than a bad play by Skinner.
Ahhh good to know ;)

How is therapy going in post goalie life? haha

Yes I agree it was an amazing play by a very skilled player! The cat and mouse game between players and goalies continues.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
That team sure has some salary cap anchors. The Oilers could afford him (and Bouchard) if they weren't paying Nurse $9.25M.

They also have a lot of other dead weight counting against the cap

They are going to have to make some hard decisions to be cap compliant for next year….and the year after if they try to extend draisaitl

This will not age well, lol

It’s gotta be Maurice vs DeBoer

There’s something poetic about 2 good buddies meeting in the final

Reactions: Stumbledore

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Nurse on ice for 18 5v5 goals against this playoffs. In other words.......NO

Oh let’s be real here. Nurse is not a bottom pairing defenseman across the league. He’s an average 2nd pairing dman playing way over his head and having a terrible playoffs. Playing with Ceci is such joke. It’s just compounding the issue. That team really is a mess despite being in the conference finals.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The only remaining impact of my goalie career is that I have better than average reflexes at catching things my kids drop or throw.
I played goalie too.. grew up in the 80s with a solid foundation in skate saves, two pad stacks and suicide poke checks

It's crazy how far the position has evolved over the past 40 years

It's hard to watch highlights from the 80s and not cringe at the goaltending... I mean I was never that bad, was I? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad