Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Guaranteed he'd get more flak for just letting Barkov get in on a breakaway unimpeded than taking a penalty there.
Agreed, but nobody suggested he just let Barkov get in on a breakaway, except you.

I said he should have played within the rules. Skated as fast as he could, struggled to reach and push the player, do everything he could within the rules to cause Barkov to miss. Not the same as "just letting Barkov get in".

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Agreed, but nobody suggested he just let Barkov get in on a breakaway, except you.

I said he should have played within the rules. Skated as fast as he could, struggled to reach and push the player, do everything he could within the rules to cause Barkov to miss. Not the same as "just letting Barkov get in".

I mean, Wheeler isn't quick enough to do that to someone like Barkov.

Plus, if you rewatch the play, firstly it's a terrible turnover by Zibanejad, but Wheeler is doing exactly as you suggest with Mikkola and Barkov comes over and takes the puck when it's already in the Rangers zone. Wheeler had maybe half a second to react to that or Barkov is in alone.

Feels like you're nitpicking. No Ranger fan I've seen has an issue with what he did.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Weird move to put a guy who's just back from injury and played 9 minutes out for OT....

It is enjoyable to see Wheeler-Roslo on the same line after all the rumours of Wheeler 'blocking' him back in the Jets days

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So patience with young guys is good?
Trouble is that it also shows that you shouldn't force a guy into the lineup because he's first rounder... he could have used AHL time

And how fickle this board is... when Copp was paired with Panarin, it was an anomaly for Copp's production... now that Lefreniere is, its proof that you need to give Cole Perfetti more playing time haha

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Trouble is that it also shows that you shouldn't force a guy into the lineup because he's first rounder... he could have used AHL time

And how fickle this board is... when Copp was paired with Panarin, it was an anomaly for Copp's production... now that Lefreniere is, its proof that you need to give Cole Perfetti more playing time haha

When it comes to hockey opinions, it's generally correct to start with an opinion about a player and then focus on things that prove yourself correct.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
When it comes to hockey opinions, it's generally correct to start with an opinion about a player and then focus on things that prove yourself correct.
Don't you dare say a word about Phil Sykes. He was a god. Just sayin'...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

This also seems to have been the philosophy that Bownes et al were following this season with regards to their personnel and deployment decisions. :sarcasm:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Guaranteed he'd get more flak for just letting Barkov get in on a breakaway unimpeded than taking a penalty there.

Guaranteed a Barkov clean breakaway has a much higher xG than a Panthers powerplay too. I think it's fair to criticize Wheeler for being unable to keep up speed and needing to hook, but there's no doubt for me that the hook *was* the percentage play.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Guaranteed a Barkov clean breakaway has a much higher xG than a Panthers powerplay too. I think it's fair to criticize Wheeler for being unable to keep up speed and needing to hook, but there's no doubt for me that the hook *was* the percentage play.

It wasn't even Barkov he was chasing, it was more Mikkola and Wheeler tying each other up. Wheeler is what he is, maybe Lavi shouldn't put him on near the start of OT.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dallas jumping on the Oilers early in this one. Dallas is definitely first onto pucks taking away time and space like they did against us this season.

Reactions: John Agar

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looks like I cursed Dallas, 4 strait goals for the oilers since I made my post

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Zadorov turned down 4.5m for 4-5 years... jets better up their game for demelo
How much do you think Demelo is worth?
Zadorov is worth a lot more than Demelo ... did you watch any of the Canuck playoff games?
Lets see Zadorov at 6"6" 248 lbs can carry the puck out of the DZ .. score goals ... block out any forwards in the front his goalie takes no crap and has no problem dropping the groves. Can Demelo do any of those things?

Reactions: hockeyarena

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
How much do you think Demelo is worth?
Zadorov is worth a lot more than Demelo ... did you watch any of the Canuck playoff games?
Lets see Zadorov at 6"6" 248 lbs can carry the puck out of the DZ .. score goals ... block out any forwards in the front his goalie takes no crap and has no problem dropping the groves. Can Demelo do any of those things?
Demelo gets more points, solid zone exits, and plays about 4-5 more mins a game for the jets - let's hope the Jets value him more than you do or we open the season with pionk as our top pairing

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Demelo gets more points, solid zone exits, and plays about 4-5 more mins a game for the jets - let's hope the Jets value him more than you do or we open the season with pionk as our top pairing
Agreed. No one can hammer home an own goal like Pionk.

200w.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Obviously Demelo is a lot better than Pionk but if you ask 31 GMs who would you rather have Demelo or Zadoroz … 97% would pick Zadorov. He is built for the playoffs and can take it to the next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and hockeyarena
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad