Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
31 years and counting NO CANADA team wins. Hey Gretzky maybe it is time to move back to Canada you hypocrit!

I’d rather see the Jets win the cup than any other team

Wish PoMo won it with us in 2018 but alas was not meant to be. Hope he gets it next game

How sweet would it be to see the cup given to a man who represented our team for 10 years and did a lot of good work in the Peg … at the same time watching the best oiler team in generations lose at home and never build a team this good again 😆

I think that would warm many Jets fans hearts

Edit: don’t forget Blue, plenty of Team Canada’s have won. Olympic gold in 2010 comes to mind, lots of junior medals….

The Edmonton Oilers aren’t team Canada

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oilers with a hell of a run but just like the Habs a few years back if you fall short it’s just as miserable if not worse than it is for the other 31 teams.

As McDavid himself said it’s cup or bust.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
A possibility: Tkachuck taking a lap with the cup in Edmonton.
IMG_7120.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Bob is the reason Florida will win this. Not blaming Skinner for the Oilers losing, but the quality of the goaltending between the two teams is huge.

Hope Helly is watching…

It's almost like Skinner was exactly who so many people were saying he was, and that whole "any goalie can play at a super-Vezina level for 15 games in a row" streak mid-season really was that.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I’d rather see the Jets win the cup than any other team

Wish PoMo won it with us in 2018 but alas was not meant to be. Hope he gets it next game

How sweet would it be to see the cup given to a man who represented our team for 10 years and did a lot of good work in the Peg … at the same time watching the best oiler team in generations lose at home and never build a team this good again 😆

I think that would warm many Jets fans hearts

Edit: don’t forget Blue, plenty of Team Canada’s have won. Olympic gold in 2010 comes to mind, lots of junior medals….

The Edmonton Oilers aren’t team Canada

Disclaimer: I have met a few individual fans of other teams that I really like and would be happy for……………but

Team Canada, hell yes if we ever play another best on best.

NHL teams based in Canadian cities I feel zero connection to. In fact its the opposite, they are our competitors and we are all chasing the same trophy. I blame HFBoards for getting to know 90% of fan bases too well, but sorry, if not Winnipeg I don’t want most of the other fans celebrating in our face (to be clear I am sure we are just as obnoxious to them).

If I wasn’t on HFBoards I might feel differently but I have never really felt any type of connection to “Canada” when it comes to the NHL. It’s a club competition.

The one exception is Ottawa. Not sure why but maybe it’s that they feel like underdogs like us wedged there between two original six giants. I wouldn’t be celebrating but I would not care.

My 2 cents

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Oilers' fans are not happy with Nurse.

"I mean, he's the one who's engendered the anger with his two cent pea brain. Nevertheless, I'll gladly drive him to the airport with a f***ing smile on my face if they manage, miraculously, to find a buyer for him and his terrible contract. I don't give a f*** if it pisses off McDavid, Nurse has regressed at the most important time in the most important series and he is not coming back. He should never, ever don Oilers silks again."

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oilers' fans are not happy with Nurse.

"I mean, he's the one who's engendered the anger with his two cent pea brain. Nevertheless, I'll gladly drive him to the airport with a f***ing smile on my face if they manage, miraculously, to find a buyer for him and his terrible contract. I don't give a f*** if it pisses off McDavid, Nurse has regressed at the most important time in the most important series and he is not coming back. He should never, ever don Oilers silks again."
The funniest thing about it is that while Nurse has been.... Nurse, Bouchard has had a greater negative impact for the Oilers in this series due to plays that directly led to back breaking goals, lack of discipline and composure, and the evaporation of his ability to generate offense both 5v5 and on the pp.

But. Bouchard is the young darling, so...

Its funny how all team boards are essentially the same.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The funniest thing about it is that while Nurse has been.... Nurse, Bouchard has had a greater negative impact for the Oilers in this series due to plays that directly led to back breaking goals, lack of discipline and composure, and the evaluation of his ability to generate offense both 5v5 and on the pp.

But. Bouchard is the young darling, so...

Its funny how all team boards are essentially the same.

Nurse has been bad all playoff while Bouchard was part of the highest rated defensive pair of the first three rounds.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Edmonton back in the final next year. They seem like Florida who learned some tough lessons last year in the Final.

Reactions: Buffdog and Jet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Nurse has been bad all playoff while Bouchard was part of the highest rated defensive pair of the first three rounds.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Edmonton back in the final next year. They seem like Florida who learned some tough lessons last year in the Final.
Yeah, they have the bones for sure.

I was talking specifically about this round, the one that really matters.

Bouchard is probably the player more than any other on the team that's boned the them.

Ofc it doesn't help when your 2 best, world class players are producing shit.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, they have the bones for sure.

I was talking specifically about this round, the one that really matters.

Bouchard is probably the player more than any other on the team that's boned the them.

Ofc it doesn't help when your 2 best, world class players are producing shit.

I agree he hasn't been good but my main point as to why Nurse is getting the attention is he's been bad for longer and also making more than double what Bouchard is.

Reactions: Jet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They'll have to bring back Draisaitl. I suspect they will, but you never know.

Edit - Looks like he's got one more year. Disregard me haha

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
31 years and counting NO CANADA team wins. Hey Gretzky maybe it is time to move back to Canada you hypocrit!

The Stanley Cup is a club trophy awarded to a team in a specific city... it is NOT a trophy awarded to a Country.

Buffalo has never won the Cup. Do you think people in that city are happy because Florida wins it? Will they be more OK with missing the playoffs for 13 straight seasons, because they can wake up and be happy a U.S. team won it?

How about San Jose, Arizona, Nashville, Minnesota. Are they all going ... USA USA after Florida wins?

People need to get over this...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I guess it was the roster and not PoMo afterall….

A bit of both. I always wanted to see what PMo could do with a good team. We saw that in 2018 and now in 2024. He's an average coach, but a good talker. He could have won in 2018, but Vegas and MAF decided to be f***ing irritating. The Jets were the better team in that series. Maurice fired himself because he saw that he couldn't fix stupid anymore. The Jets' adherence to loyalty will always be their downfall. They need to have a more mercenary approach to it. They can't worry about paying KC in 3 years. He won't be anywhere near worth what they will pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad