Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Good news for the Panthers Barkov is in the lineup tonight.
IMG_5173.jpeg

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hello

not sure if this needs its own thread as its an interesting comparison.

Which team do you think have

more talent top to bottom
which team has more grit

Coach apaul Maurice Panthers this year
or The Winnipeg Jets 2017-2018 season

?

I think Barkov is the best player from both teams? Talent wise?

Thanks

( The 2017-18 season Jets is a special season. I think that closest team we have had to get the cup. Except maybe 1 of the Jets team in the early 80s they just ran into Oilers dynasty early).

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Hello

not sure if this needs its own thread as its an interesting comparison.

Which team do you think have

more talent top to bottom
which team has more grit

Coach apaul Maurice Panthers this year
or The Winnipeg Jets 2017-2018 season

?

I think Barkov is the best player from both teams? Talent wise?

Thanks

( The 2017-18 season Jets is a special season. I think that closest team we have had to get the cup. Except maybe 1 of the Jets team in the early 80s they just ran into Oilers dynasty early).

Two (2) years difference in average age might appear to be marginal value at face value, but I think playoff experience and age plays a factor here.

Specifically with regard to the Panthers ability to better execute Paul's strategies/systems.

Maturity and experience are under valued in what is now considered to be a "young man's league". Come playoffs though, this matters.

1718328888007.jpeg

1718328902716.jpeg

Wish i could find the average playoff experience stats between both the 2017 Jets and 2024 Panthers (as i cant imagine a team from Atlanta had as much experience as this current Florida roster does).

This is obviously just a "theory", but its the only real independent variable (outside of a more experienced 2024 Maurice) that I can think of.

Sidebar: The 10 pound difference may play a factor as well, then again, Buff probably tipped the scales (pun intended) on this stat.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Bob is the reason Florida will win this. Not blaming Skinner for the Oilers losing, but the quality of the goaltending between the two teams is huge.

Hope Helly is watching…

Reactions: sipowicz

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Watching the Bomber game which is now in delay and turn it over to this game and WTF are the Oilers doing or better yet what aren't they doing

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Bob is the reason Florida will win this. Not blaming Skinner for the Oilers losing, but the quality of the goaltending between the two teams is huge.

Hope Helly is watching…

Bob having an unreal series. This game could easily be 4-1 the other way and the Oilers should be up in the series 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad