Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
On one hand, dirty play

On the other hand, I wish we had more guys who hated losing badly enough to feel the way Drai did that led to that play
We did, but then Schiefele got 4 PO games for a 1st time offense and death threats against him and his family. Any Wpg player does this and Parros suddenly pretends to care about player safety.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Boy, really focusing on the important things there.

Really seems messed up Barkov could miss game 3 while Drai gets no discipline for a launching elbow. Granted, Bennett got away with the Marchand hit so maybe it’s one of those “goes around comes around” things.

Hopefully Barkov is back in the line up Thursday and then its less of a big deal.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We did, but then Schiefele got 4 PO games for a 1st time offense and death threats against him and his family. Any Wpg player does this and Parros suddenly pretends to care about player safety.

Massive difference between Scheifele and this. I get I'm in the minority given inherent homerism in pro sports but Scheifele's was far worse than Draisaitl's here.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Massive difference between Scheifele and this. I get I'm in the minority given inherent homerism in pro sports but Scheifele's was far worse than Draisaitl's here.
The optics were worse on Scheifele’s, I’ll give you that.

Reactions: Jet

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
The OP was talking about wanting to win/passion. Schiefele's play was him going all out to stop a goal. He should have been smarter about how he tried to do that, but it was inherently a hockey play. This was pure intent to injure. But I guess we don't need to completely rehash all that, can't change the past.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Is it me, or is this kind of hilarious/fascinating lol (if accurate)

Embedding twitter links appears to be f***ed.
Edit - never mind?
Friedman on CapFriendly (32TP): "The NHL frowns on the existence of sites like this one, even though they should be doing it themselves, they consider it propriety information, so the Capitals couldn't keep it open if they wanted to..."

Friedman on the Caps buying CapFriendly (32TP): "There are some teams scrambling today, no question about it, there are a couple of people who said to me there will be some teams that don't have this kind of infrastructure that will be like "oh no, we're in trouble here""

Friedman names teams that have something when CapFriendly goes offline (32TP): Seattle, New Jersey, Carolina, Chicago, Islanders, Toronto, Columbus. Pittsburgh didn't have anything before, but once Dubas got there they started building something.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
To be fair, I think anyone would've had enough of losing after being in the Oilers organization for 10 years... :sarcasm:
Probably explains the foul mood those fans were in too. How many top 5 picks (including a generqtional great) can you piss away and still not find a way to win?

I thought the schief hit his was fine. The only issue was the timing - it was shoulder to chest

It looked bad but had that wraparound gone off the far post and out, it was a clean play

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Right now it looks like the Oilers will take maybe 2 games at best. With 7 shots on goal the last game, and McDavid doing nothing, I'd be surprised if they win more than 2. Possible they could get swept. Florida is manhandling them, and plugging up the area in front of the net, leaving Edmonton not many good scoring chances.

Edmonton has Nurse hurt, and also Kaine, so I don't expect much from them, and Florida looks hungry and playing a very strong game. The Oilers look in big trouble right now. Maybe if they can win the next 2 at home, there's a chance they could turn this series around, but it's not looking good.
Huh, I thought you said the Oilers were going to take it?

Reactions: Dirtbag151

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Heard the press conference with Maurice today and it sounds like Barkov is doing good. They are being cautious with the next 24 hours but as long as he doesn’t have a setback they belive he will be able to play Thursday.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This is where the league creates their own problems.
Suspension is warranted IMO,
Now if Florida starts floundering a little pay back will inevitably happen,& who knows what will happen.
Having said that Maurice will keep them focused.
The ultimate payback is another win.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is where the league creates their own problems.
Suspension is warranted IMO,
Now if Florida starts floundering a little pay back will inevitably happen,& who knows what will happen.
Having said that Maurice will keep them focused.
The ultimate payback is another win.
Whenever i hear the NHL and the Players Union talking about player's safety i just laugh my ass off because it's obvious neither one gives a shit . You stop doing that dirty hitting stuff damnit now I'm going to MAYBE fine you 5,000 dollars even though you make 12 million a year, that will learn you damnit. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Whenever i hear the NHL and the Players Union talking about player's safety i just laugh my ass off because it's obvious neither one gives a shit . You stop doing that dirty hitting stuff damnit now I'm going to MAYBE fine you 5,000 dollars even though you make 12 million a year, that will learn you damnit. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Codependency at its finest

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Is it me, or is this kind of hilarious/fascinating lol (if accurate)

Embedding twitter links appears to be f***ed.
Edit - never mind?

Also note:

MacLellan issued a statement on the matter, explaining the team's intentions and calling the decision a "strategic" one for the hockey club. Jamie, Ryan and Christopher Davis, who all run CapFriendly, will also join Washington's front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad