Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver

Button has Jets at top who have the best shot to go deep in playoffs which personally I agree. Depth, cap room to get pieces at the trade deadline, and defensively strong (only letting 3 goals in 19 games straight) were the main factors why he thinks the Jets will go deep however the comments are saying Canucks over Jets. I don't see it... sure Canucks have been playing great and have an emerging star in Quinn Hughes, but their schedule is much tougher in the later half of the season... so we will see how they fair then.

Winnipeg is just massively underrated is what I concluded.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It’s a great feeling to be first in the Central or always in the hunt for that 1st place position. Let’s hope it last all season
It’s a great place to be.
The Central Division is extremely competitive.
Many teams are playing well and we happen to match up well with many of them.
This team has to take it one step at a time and not get caught up in what others are doing.
I’m cautiously hopeful that we don’t collapse like last year, only because I believe this team believes in each other.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Button has Jets at top who have the best shot to go deep in playoffs which personally I agree. Depth, cap room to get pieces at the trade deadline, and defensively strong (only letting 3 goals in 19 games straight) were the main factors why he thinks the Jets will go deep however the comments are saying Canucks over Jets. I don't see it... sure Canucks have been playing great and have an emerging star in Quinn Hughes, but their schedule is much tougher in the later half of the season... so we will see how they fair then.

Winnipeg is just massively underrated is what I concluded.

Button ya dummy, shhhhhhhh .:naughty::laugh:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Thought about putting this in the Humor Thread :D

This is the 1990 draft of the Edmonton Oilers. Saw this in The Hockey Writers email I get every day, from a couple of days ago now maybe.

Not one single draft pick played even a minute of NHL hockey and most barely had a minor league career. Has there ever been any other draft since the draft was started? I recognize the name Scott Allison and I seem to remember stumbling across the name Richard Zemlicka time or two but the rest are a complete mystery to me. Unbelievably bad.

The Oilers had just won the Cup so picking at 17 seems pretty good but they wiffed on every single pick.

Scott Allison 1/17 C Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Alexandre Legault 2/38 RW Boston University (Hockey East)
Joe Crowley 3/59 LW Lawrence Academy (U.S. high school)
Joel Blain 4/67 LW Hull Olympiques (QMJHL)
Greg Louder 5/101 G Cushing Academy (U.S. high school)
Keijo Sailynoja 6/122 LW Jokerit (Finland)
Mike Power 7/143 G Western Michigan (CCHA)
Roman Mejzlik 8/164 LW/C Dukla Jihlava (Czechoslovakia)
Richard Zemlicka 9/185 LW/RW Sparta Praha (Czechoslovakia)
Petr Korinek 10/206 C Skoda Plzen (Czechoslovakia)
Sami Nuutinen 12/248 DK-Espoo (Finland)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Oilers 3 game losing streak.
So you know how I kinda treat this account like a parody, right? I was gonna make a joke about how I love your content and that I was gonna write a letter to Chevy personally thanking him for trading PLD so you could remain a fan.

But then I thought, why joke? What if I actually write that letter? I wonder if there would be a way for me to actually get it to him? I assume not, but maybe he takes fan mail. I wonder if I’d ever hear anything more once I ship that letter away? What do you think? Maybe I should actually do that and report back on my findings. So many questions, so little time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Oilers SN crew act like the Oilers are the defending champs, instead of a team that will be fighting for a playoff spot the rest of the year.

No kidding. Even with that 8 game winning streak they are still two games below .500 and 5 points out of a wild card spot. Their hit streak only gained them 3 points in the standings. They still have a mountain to climb.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
So you know how I kinda treat this account like a parody, right? I was gonna make a joke about how I love your content and that I was gonna write a letter to Chevy personally thanking him for trading PLD so you could remain a fan.

But then I thought, why joke? What if I actually write that letter? I wonder if there would be a way for me to actually get it to him? I assume not, but maybe he takes fan mail. I wonder if I’d ever hear anything more once I ship that letter away? What do you think? Maybe I should actually do that and report back on my findings. So many questions, so little time.

Now I am scared. :laugh: Getting PLD (and I guess Wheeler) out of the Jets also fixed the "HFBoards lockeroom". Much less contentious here now (although winning also helps), those two were the most polarizing personalities here.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
that buffalo goaltending is just CRAP

LEVI and UPL... people wanted to trade HElle for these guys or thought one of these guys should be included, Good thing some folks dont run the team, BUFFALO AND NJ and Carolina all proving why goaltending matters.
Playing Levi isn't the proper way to develop him.
Send him down and leave him there for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad