Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Obviously you didn’t play goal and taken a very hard slap shot to the fellas, believe me that brings a tear to the eye, 🤣
I've slipped off a bike pedal.

Masks and cups were useless in the old days. Our goalie was knocked out by a slap shot to the head.
One time a 220 lb Buff like D-man's slapshot put a dent in my CCM skates steel support post. As a good winger my job was to block the shot head on. I think the plastic cup was for psychological support.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The slew foot on Laine. The NHL should protect its star players the same as the NFL.
The players blame the league for long term injuries, which is player on player.
The league has rules in place and the means to punish but don’t.
If the league does punish then the NHLPA appeals.
The players at some level have to start respecting each other and the league has to come down hard on this issue.
Until then it’s more of the same.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Fans booing their own player because he made a comment about their shitty ex-coach.

I have no problem with the fans on this one. The fans pay good money to get into the arena, the guy who has done nothing for the franchise yet made a flippant remark about a coach that turned their season around and won them a cup. Fans have the right to boo.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I have no problem with the fans on this one. The fans pay good money to get into the arena, the guy who has done nothing for the franchise yet made a flippant remark about a coach that turned their season around and won them a cup. Fans have the right to boo.

A) He's scored 70+ points in the last 2 seasons and apparently done enough to earn an 8 year extension with them. He's the guy for them going forward.

B) Berube hasn't exactly been kind to Kyrou either.

C) A flippant remark that was provided without context by Rutherford, who today had to write an article about the whole exchange because of the backlash he (Rutherford) has been getting online.

What were your thoughts on the coaching change?

Does it seem like a fresh start?

Then came the third question.

There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that?

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

After the game:

“Obviously I respect Chief,” he said. “He’s been my coach for the whole time I’ve been here, right? So I respect everything he’s done here. He’s done a great job. He won a Cup. All I really meant is I’m just trying to focus on my future and focus on what I can do to help my team win. That’s all I really meant.”

If the fans there want to alienate the player the team has committed 8 years of its future to because he said "no comment" when asked about Berube, then that just makes the Jets job in the Central easier.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
A) He's scored 70+ points in the last 2 seasons and apparently done enough to earn an 8 year extension with them. He's the guy for them going forward.

B) Berube hasn't exactly been kind to Kyrou either.

C) A flippant remark that was provided without context by Rutherford, who today had to write an article about the whole exchange because of the backlash he (Rutherford) has been getting online.

What were your thoughts on the coaching change?

Does it seem like a fresh start?

Then came the third question.

There’s so much out there about the relationship between you and Berube. Is there anything you would want to say about that?

“I’ve got no comment,” Kyrou replied. “He’s not my coach anymore.”

After the game:

“Obviously I respect Chief,” he said. “He’s been my coach for the whole time I’ve been here, right? So I respect everything he’s done here. He’s done a great job. He won a Cup. All I really meant is I’m just trying to focus on my future and focus on what I can do to help my team win. That’s all I really meant.”

If the fans there want to alienate the player the team has committed 8 years of its future to because he said "no comment" when asked about Berube, then that just makes the Jets job in the Central easier.
Then maybe Kyrou should have made that comment when first asked. Of course, that would have required a thoughtfulness and eloquence that your typical NHL player doesn't have. He spoke his mind, what little of that there may be. Then later, someone coached him into clarifying "what he really meant".

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Then maybe Kyrou should have made that comment when first asked. Of course, that would have required a thoughtfulness and eloquence that your typical NHL player doesn't have. He spoke his mind, what little of that there may be. Then later, someone coached him into clarifying "what he really meant".

I don't think anyone clarified anything with him. He said he didn't know this was an issue until late in the afternoon when his phone was going off. He had a game to prep for, and the media talk to the players like 10 minutes or less after the end of a game.

His no comment answer came after the third question Rutherford asked him about Berube and his relationship with him. Then Rutherford put out a single sentence quote with no context attached and it festered, without clarification from Rutherford, until today when he wrote an article for more views. Rutherford even said he was partially to blame for the whole experience.

I don't think a fanbase should be booing their own guy because he didn't fawn over the guy who was just fired and clearly had an issue with Kyrou when asked about it the next day. Yeah he won a Cup with them but they missed the playoffs last year and are on track to do so again this year. Maurice did a ton for the city and the team but nobody booed Scheifele because he said there was communication with the coaches now and there wasn't before.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Oettinger left the game due to injury tonight after letting in 2 goals on 2 shots. No idea what happened but if he is out a while that is a big blow to Dallas.

He hasn't been great this year (.901sv%), but yeah, could be an issue for them

Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The players blame the league for long term injuries, which is player on player.
The league has rules in place and the means to punish but don’t.
If the league does punish then the NHLPA appeals.
The players at some level have to start respecting each other and the league has to come down hard on this issue.
Until then it’s more of the same.

I agree with you on this. The main culprit in players not being safe is the PA. They ignore injured players and their marching orders from the players is push back on suspensions and fines full stop.

The NHL still sucks at player safety but this shit falls on the players and their elected PA.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oettinger left the game due to injury tonight after letting in 2 goals on 2 shots. No idea what happened but if he is out a while that is a big blow to Dallas.

Yup think Winnipeg losing Helle. Interesting Oettinger was on fire to start the season but I noticed his save % had dipped to .901?

He’s still their backbone over the long haul. Wonder if he has been nursing an injury for a bit?

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and Eyeseeing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad