Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Cassidy is a damn good coach. He's just got his team so organized off the puck. Once they get it they are in a good position to make their opponents pay.

Maurice once again no answer to a well organized nz.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Barbashev off the iron on the 2 on 1 would have been the dagger. And FLA ties it shortly after.

Tied it on their one chance of the period. Well they take another penalty and Vegas has killed them on special teams this series.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
There was skate contact and Florida got a PP off a similar call earlier in the game. It was marginal but so many have been tonight.
Marginal skate contact that he embellished. Prediction if the Panthers kill this off if the Knights even look sideways at the Panthers they will go to the box

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
That’s Cheveldayoff’s knapsack to carry, not mine :laugh:

If you choose to make up your mind in advance about a situation that you have not yet seen or experienced, you can miss out on many opportunities and experiences.
Winnipeg’s winters are harsh and it’s a very small city, that’s the bad.
The other downsides are common to other cities.
For many “star” players , Winnipeg is not on their lists and that is their right, they have that in their CBA.
However those with open minds often find themselves going against the grain once they actually live here.
I get annoyed when people on the main boards bash my city incessantly when ;
A) they have never been here.
B) they can’t even spell it.
Truthfully I wouldn’t want to play here as a native of this city because you could never win with some people.
If you are fortunate enough to play professionally why look down your nose at where you might have to spend whatever the career average is playing hockey 7-8 months of the year.
A lot of these players grew up in far less exciting places than here.
As others have pointed out 70% of players don’t have those exclusionary lists.
I agree about people bashing the place. Have you been? Once, for business, in January, for two days. Yep, you sure did experience everything the city had to offer on your visit.
Next up, a synposis of all the best of New York, in 24 hours!

Reactions: ERYX and Eyeseeing

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I work with a former Bomber from Mississippi whose playing career ended while playing in a different city in 2011. He still adopted Winnipeg as his home and has chosen to raise a family here. He’s very community driven and caring. Those are the types you want to stick around. Let the Dubois’, Kane’s and Trouba’s of this world leave if they want.

I think that's the only option haha

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Here’s what Florida is dealing with:

Average Points: 117.5 (No. 1)
Average Points Above Average: 26.1 (No. 1)
Average Rank: 3.0 (No. 1)

And here’s what the average Cup finalist has dealt with:

Average Points: 97.6
Average Points Above Average: 11.2
Average Rank: 8.0

For even further context, the average Stanley Cup finalist has a league rank of 6.1 and earned 16.2 points above average during the regular season. That means every single opponent Florida has faced in these playoffs has been better than an average Stanley Cup finalist.

The difference between what Florida has faced and what’s normal is massive. It’s only made possible by a perfect storm of circumstances: Boston having so many points, the Eastern Conference having four of the top five teams and few upsets from other teams along the way. It all conspired to create the most difficult path to the Final in league history for Florida and the likelihood of such a treacherous path is the reason the Panthers started the playoffs with such a low probability to win it all

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
No I didn't mention it.

And if you think those in charge politically have next to zero influence over your day to day life, then you live in a much different world from the rest of us.
Yup.

But to finesse this back to the Jets and Winnipeg, politics is, broadly speaking, all about the the distribution of power and decision-making in groups, large and small.

Thus, there is politics even in NHL organizations and dressing rooms. I'd say that 'dressing-room politics' are far more important than big P Politics or weather, which is why it is still very possible to build winning teams in small markets.

Most young stars just want to win and many of them are single (eg Ehlers, Connor) or have spouses who are perfectly fine raising a family here (eg Buff, Wheeler). There are strategies to deal with the Troubas and PLDs, but it starts with a head office that can deal with the small-p politics proactively and doesn't bury their head in the sand.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ppl talk about Chevy but kekalainen trying to build Columbus with NJ and Philly garbage is interesting

Yup, he's now got a $30 million dcore and outside of Werenski they are mostly junk. Seversson is decent but that is a massive deal for a second pairing dmen.

Reactions: RabidOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad