Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Florida giving extreme team of destiny vibes. Absolutely outplayed all game again but they’re getting all the bounces and Bobrovsky is playing out of his mind

And BECAUSE they are the legit "team of destiny" now, they're gonna lose to Vegas. I said it after round 1 and I feel a lot more confident now: Vegas is winning the Cup and everyone will hate it, especially against the underdog-feel-good-story of Tkachuk and Maurice. And Vegas will do it in a truly ugly fashion with dirty plays, lucky bounces, getting the benefit of the doubt in calls - the entire spectrum.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And BECAUSE they are the legit "team of destiny" now, they're gonna lose to Vegas. I said it after round 1 and I feel a lot more confident now: Vegas is winning the Cup and everyone will hate it, especially against the underdog-feel-good-story of Tkachuk and Maurice. And Vegas will do it in a truly ugly fashion with dirty plays, lucky bounces, getting the benefit of the doubt in calls - the entire spectrum.

Might come down to if Barkov is done now, he has been playing really good. The upside is if Vegas gets to the final and loses that is the worst torture of all. Hopefully Dallas crawls back in the series tonight.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Never once heard him referred to that way.

Kinda stupid considering there’s an actual Walt Tkachuk that played nearly 1000 NHL games.

Anyways Walter is a better than other names I’ve heard him called…
That's exactly why his teammates nicknamed him Walt.

edit: at least it's better than your usual hockey nickname convention of shortening the players name to one syllable, and adding -s or -er to the end.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Interesting what Conroy said about Gaudreau - not letting UFAs walk again. Flames could have an even busier summer than the Jets.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
florida looking like the prime example that if you get in and get a hot goalie that anything is possible
Their goalie wasn't very good in the first round against Boston. They were a team that underperformed for most of the season, and played well in the second half of the season. That good play carried over into the playoffs.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Their goalie wasn't very good in the first round against Boston. They were a team that underperformed for most of the season, and played well in the second half of the season. That good play carried over into the playoffs.
what? he was the reason they won game 5 to extend the series, ullmark happened to be worse in game 6 then him but then he was good again in game 7...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They are in a very similar situation as us. Will be interesting to see how each team looks next season.

I think they might have a better chance of re-signing their UFAs.

Conroy was a good interview. I don’t like the other Canadian teams but Craig is one of the good guys. They will be busy this off season for sure.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Surprised Chris Lee is one of the refs in the playoffs. Don't think they overturn that 5 minute major though.

And they didn't, Benn's out of the game.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas' penalty kill's forwards killed them going too deep for that shorthanded chance.

Oettinger had to stop that 3rd goal :laugh: that was brutal.

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Does the match penalty, game misconduct garner an automatic suspension for Benn, not that it will make a difference with the way the Stars are playing tonight

None

Feb 22, 2012
Does the match penalty, game misconduct garner an automatic suspension for Benn, not that it will make a difference with the way the Stars are playing tonight

Nope, it's subject to review but otherwise it's not automatic. Given how the NHL works with regards to suspensions basically only in the case of injuries as a result of the play and that Stone's still playing I'm guessing he won't get anything more.

Edit: Apparently it's considered an indefinite suspension until it's reviewed but I'm not sure I'd consider that in the same category as something like an automatic suspension for abuse of official kind of thing :dunno:

Reactions: snowkiddin

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder what Bowness would have to say about his former team's pushback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad