Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Man I hated the guy back a couple of seasons ago, mainly when he injured Scheifele. But oh boy I can't help but start to love him. He does it all AND is a great leading example AND even has the smarts to make such a cool "let's get out of here and focus on what is important"-celebration that shows how he is only focused on one thing: winnig it all?

What a player. So jealous right now. Imagine Scheifele having that kind of all-in commitment :cry:
and just think, he could have been ours if we hadn't won the draft lottery!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Getting a bad feeling that Vegas might win the Cup...

I haven’t seen a hockey team as fortunate as Vegas in 15+ years or watching hockey. I hope they rot.

I think they are a bit of a combination. They are getting some luck, they have more quality depth, Cassidy is doing a very good job making adjustments, and they have lost enough big series over the years that maybe it’s finally their time.

Now there is still lots of hockey left in this round but it feels like the two teams that are feeling it, will both find a way to win (Florida and Vegas) and are on a collision course.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
chandler stephenson eh?

2019-Dec-02 Traded from Washington Capitals to Vegas Golden Knights for round 5 pick in the 2021 draft (Ty Murchison)

It’s really interesting he wasn’t chosen in an expansion draft but it feels like a similar dynamic. Player buried on a 4th line in Washington getting 10 points a season pigeon holed by an org and basically written off.

Gets traded to an Org who sees something else? I wonder if it was just MacCrimmon knowing him since Stephenson played for the Pats for 4 years? Instantly he becomes a .5 PPG asset, then he moves further up the line up to the high rent real estate and presto Vegas has a 65 point very nice top 6 complimentary asset.

In fairness to 30 other orgs this kid flashed very little at the pro level even in the AHL if you are looking at stat sheets.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
and just think, he could have been ours if we hadn't won the draft lottery!
We still would have needed to win the lottery. The question is would he have demanded a trade.

Edit....you may be correct, we would have gone 6th unless another winner pushed us back.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I think they are a bit of a combination. They are getting some luck, they have more quality depth, Cassidy is doing a very good job making adjustments, and they have lost enough big series over the years that maybe it’s finally their time.

Now there is still lots of hockey left in this round but it feels like the two teams that are feeling it, will both find a way to win (Florida and Vegas) and are on a collision course.
Did somebody say...

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

Over the years?

They’re been in the league 6 years

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It’s really interesting he wasn’t chosen in an expansion draft but it feels like a similar dynamic. Player buried on a 4th line in Washington getting 10 points a season pigeon holed by an org and basically written off.

Gets traded to an Org who sees something else? I wonder if it was just MacCrimmon knowing him since Stephenson played for the Pats for 4 years? Instantly he becomes a .5 PPG asset, then he moves further up the line up to the high rent real estate and presto Vegas has a 65 point very nice top 6 complimentary asset.

In fairness to 30 other orgs this kid flashed very little at the pro level even in the AHL if you are looking at stat sheets.
McPhee drafted him in Washington.

Reactions: ps241

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

They have a good team and Cassidy is a damn good coach. He was my number one wish this past summer but figured we'd be a long shot for him.

I keep waiting for the shoe to fall off Florida but they are getting by with excellent goaltending and very timely scoring.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Over the years?

They’re been in the league 6 years

Which is a lifetime for a core (even with some churn). Vegas has been good in the playoffs but seem to find a way to lose in the later rounds or final, maybe its their seasson?

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Which is a lifetime for a core (even with some churn). Vegas has been pretty good in the playoffs but seem to find a way to lose late, maybe its their time.

They won just fine yesterday while losing late

As for the long time comment earlier, I agree on core timelines, but that team deserves to face years of non playoff purgetory first

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They won just fine yesterday while losing late

As for the long time comment earlier, I agree on core timelines, but that team deserves to face years of non playoff purgetory

Oh I would like nothing more than to see Vegas go into the deepest of playoff slumps just to watch their crazy owner fire everyone and wallow in misery.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Which is a lifetime for a core (even with some churn). Vegas has been good in the playoffs but seem to find a way to lose in the later rounds or final, maybe its their seasson?
some churn putting it lightly haha

this was game-1 of vegas' team in 2017. the bold are still regulars in the lineup. theodore in the minors.

Perron-Eakin-Neal
Marchessault-Lindberg-Smith
Leipsic-Karlsson-Haula
Carrier-Bellemare-Nosek

Sbisa-Schmidt
McNabb-Engelland
Garrison-Miller

Fleury

for a supposed "cut-throat" team, they have the 1 less players still on their team as we did from that year.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
some churn putting it lightly haha

this was game-1 of vegas' team in 2017. the bold are still regulars in the lineup. theodore in the minors.

for a supposed "cut-throat" team, they have the 1 less players still on their team as we did from that year.

We have had allot of turn but much of ours was due to cap constraints in 2019, and to a lesser extend players wanting to move on.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We have had allot of turn but much of ours was due to cap constraints in 2019, and to a lesser extend players wanting to move on.
dont think vegas is any different in terms of dumping players b/c of cap constraints :laugh:. pacioretty ,Schmidt for instance.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
We still would have needed to win the lottery. The question is would he have demanded a trade.

Edit....you may be correct, we would have gone 6th unless another winner pushed us back.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if the Jets had stayed in 6th they wanted Tkachuk.

Reactions: Channelcat

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
dont think vegas is any different in terms of dumping players b/c of cap constraints :laugh:. pacioretty ,Schmidt for instance.

Yes perhaps I just hate them enough that my judgment is clouded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad