Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
whoooo doggies

giphy.gif

Another nice O/T win! Sasquatch and Slavin got tangled up in the corner and all hell breaks loose.

Lomberg is such a great 4th liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Florida is so f***ed if Bobrovsky comes back down to earth. They’re just getting absolutely shelled by Carolina

Through *absolutely nothing* more than random chance alone, a league average goalie has a 1-in-6 chance of playing at a Vezina level in any given 15 game stretch.

Again, through absolutely nothing more than random chance alone, from the random distribution of 30 shots a game, over 15 games, on a goalie who stops 90.4% of his shots -- this year's league average SV%

Bobrovsky, a .901 goalie this year who is .906 in 62 playoff games, is .927 in 11 playoff games this year.

And SURELY even the sturdiest jockocracy supporters, who will criticize me because I never played the game, must see there's something to what I'm saying.

One in 6. That's f***ing rolling doubles on a pair of dice. That's not Powerball bullshit we're talking.

.927 - .901 = 1 extra goal every 38 shots against. 395 shots against for Bobrovski this playoff
year, that's over 10 less goals against on Bob, again, through *nothing more* than random chance alone.

My god, am I the only one that remembers Andrew Hammond? Jon Casey? f***, Michael Hutchinson?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

so apparently shanahan blocked many trades that dubas wanted to do and also directed moves that dubas didn't want to make...

Interesting that was dated Saturday the 13th. Mirtle shilled for Dubas during the power struggle of Dubas vs Hunter (Lou) for the GM role. I’m not sure if that dynamic was still in play here but Dubas did overplay his hand in the negotiations.

Live and learn, he’s out of the pressure cooker in TO and he’ll get paid still although I doubt it will be as much as he would have gotten in Toronto.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
The Panthers are looking so confident right now. No matter if they get scored on after a few seconds, they know they can bounce back. Also how many times have they won in OT now? 5 times? Balls of steel. Unreal. With that being said, go cats!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Tkachuk does it again. Really love the exit celebration.

Man I hated the guy back a couple of seasons ago, mainly when he injured Scheifele. But oh boy I can't help but start to love him. He does it all AND is a great leading example AND even has the smarts to make such a cool "let's get out of here and focus on what is important"-celebration that shows how he is only focused on one thing: winnig it all?

What a player. So jealous right now. Imagine Scheifele having that kind of all-in commitment :cry:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Through *absolutely nothing* more than random chance alone, a league average goalie has a 1-in-6 chance of playing at a Vezina level in any given 15 game stretch.

Again, through absolutely nothing more than random chance alone, from the random distribution of 30 shots a game, over 15 games, on a goalie who stops 90.4% of his shots -- this year's league average SV%

Bobrovsky, a .901 goalie this year who is .906 in 62 playoff games, is .927 in 11 playoff games this year.

And SURELY even the sturdiest jockocracy supporters, who will criticize me because I never played the game, must see there's something to what I'm saying.

One in 6. That's f***ing rolling doubles on a pair of dice. That's not Powerball bullshit we're talking.

.927 - .901 = 1 extra goal every 38 shots against. 395 shots against for Bobrovski this playoff
year, that's over 10 less goals against on Bob, again, through *nothing more* than random chance alone.

My god, am I the only one that remembers Andrew Hammond? Jon Casey? f***, Michael Hutchinson?
Bob Rovsky?

(great rant, btw. preach.)

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

No. :) Those fourflushers had their moment too. However I will add that none of them actually won a Vezina. I love your analysis but do we, on the "random chance" premise alone, lump Goalie Bob in the same pile of gyttja, the same bucket of primordial detritus?

Last edited:

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Man I hated the guy back a couple of seasons ago, mainly when he injured Scheifele. But oh boy I can't help but start to love him. He does it all AND is a great leading example AND even has the smarts to make such a cool "let's get out of here and focus on what is important"-celebration that shows how he is only focused on one thing: winnig it all?

What a player. So jealous right now. Imagine Scheifele having that kind of all-in commitment :cry:
He has Schuffles skills, coupled with Brandon Tanev's unkillable brain.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Easy for 30 other teams to be jealous of an extremely skilled power forward having this impact on his team In the playoffs, but can you imagine how it feels to be Flames fan. It would be pretty depressing to watch.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The NHLPA and NHL will meet this week to open discussions on a variety of issues.

The PA is willing to discuss increasing the schedule to 84 games.

A look at shortening training camp is on the agenda.

Slap Shots has also learned that Coyotes players filed multiple complaints with the PA during the season about sub-standard travel, lodging and logistical issues that were in violation of the collective bargaining agreement.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The NHLPA and NHL will meet this week to open discussions on a variety of issues.

The PA is willing to discuss increasing the schedule to 84 games.

A look at shortening training camp is on the agenda.

Slap Shots has also learned that Coyotes players filed multiple complaints with the PA during the season about sub-standard travel, lodging and logistical issues that were in violation of the collective bargaining agreement.

So wearing flip flops and shorts and playing in a less than ideal arena are no longer a drawing point. That team does not belong there and the sooner the board of governors realize it the better the league will be. Oh and being in a market that can actually bring in paying customers will generate a whole more revenue and that should make both the league and the PA a lot happier.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
chandler stephenson eh?

2019-Dec-02 Traded from Washington Capitals to Vegas Golden Knights for round 5 pick in the 2021 draft (Ty Murchison)

• Haha
Reactions: Orrrules and ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad