Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think that teams make it harder to get to the high danger scoring areas in the playoffs. You can get there, but you'll pay a price.

Because of that, perimeter players who can rack up points in the regular season become less impactful. Guys like Connor, Ehlers, Marner, etc

We saw it here. Lowry had more goals than Connor and they were all on the doorstep

When the teams with the best players in the world can't even make the finals, maybe it's time to rethink how to build a team for playoff success

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Why couldn't both Edmonton and Vegas lose .:naughty: Gotta say if i was an Edmonton fan i wouldn't be happy about some of their star players in the playoffs this year . Nugent-Hopkins had 100 points in the regular season and only scored 1 goal all playoffs. Their goaltending isn't good but that's not that team's only problem.
Yup, Oilers goaltending was even worse than ours during the PO’s, but the Oilers were playing the wrong netminder, ours just choked!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Toronto / Florida 2023

265316.webp

Calgary / Tampa 2004

cac1b69a56d6e56f1009c0add954d138.png

At least in 2023 they reviewed the goal and said it was no-goal.... In 2004 they didn't even review it.... Not to be a conspiracy nut, but these Florida teams sure get the breaks.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I think that teams make it harder to get to the high danger scoring areas in the playoffs. You can get there, but you'll pay a price.

Because of that, perimeter players who can rack up points in the regular season become less impactful. Guys like Connor, Ehlers, Marner, etc

We saw it here. Lowry had more goals than Connor and they were all on the doorstep

When the teams with the best players in the world can't even make the finals, maybe it's time to rethink how to build a team for playoff success
That's actually what Chevy was eluding to in the presser. You have to get in, with a team that will win in the playoffs. The Jets with a full roster had a chance to beat Vegas. With Vegas taking out the mighty Oilers quickly, it makes the Jets look good in a way. Not saying we don't need some pieces but regular season teams don't always fare well.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Toronto / Florida 2023

265316.webp

Calgary / Tampa 2004

cac1b69a56d6e56f1009c0add954d138.png

At least in 2023 they reviewed the goal and said it was no-goal.... In 2004 they didn't even review it.... Not to be a conspiracy nut, but these Florida teams sure get the breaks.
This is the play they should be talking about ... the OT goal should never had been allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I really hope it's Dallas against Vegas because I don't think Seattle stands a chance against them.
I didn’t think Seattle had a chance against Dallas or Colorado either, but I’d be fine with Dallas in the WCF. I think they’d give Vegas more trouble for sure.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This is the play they should be talking about ... the OT goal should never had been allowed.

Holds the stick (no question), no penalty, then screams in Woll's face.

Its tragic but amusing to the jaded mind, kind of like some of Shakey's best stuff.

:laugh:

As @Eyeseeing says: "Oh well sucks to be Toronto"

Radko-Gudas-screams-face.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad