Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Seems Huberdeau is a good player, but not one who is built for the playoffs, whereas Tkachuk is tailor-made for that type of game.
Need some Calgary fans to weigh in on this comment. Flames must be seething, and their province is on fire.(ironically )

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, plus I’ve been browsing the main board Leafs vs Panthers thread and basking in all the salt, and, well, as an unintended side effect to this I’ve read some Panthers fans give some explanations for their team’s improved postseason play, and many suggest it’s actually Tkachuk who has done more to help with that.

Seems Huberdeau is a good player, but not one who is built for the playoffs, whereas Tkachuk is tailor-made for that type of game.

Which is pretty interesting actually as Tkachuk was a consistient no show in the playoffs for Calgary. Guess he fits better in Florida.

Reactions: snowkiddin

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Its interesting how Seattle keeps winning despite not having their leading scorer in the lineup, when Schief went down here the team basically packed it in!
yup.

and folks are so quick to move on from scheifele & dump him... we're 1-7 in the POs+Play-Ins with 11 GF w/o him. i haven't seen a collective effort of this team stepping up.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
yup.

and folks are so quick to move on from scheifele & dump him... we're 1-7 in the POs+Play-Ins with 11 GF w/o him. i haven't seen a collective effort of this team stepping up.
I think people wanting to dump him has more to do with his perceived attitude than his production

He scored 42 this year (despite vanishing for stretches)... it's hard to want to dump a guy that did that

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, plus I’ve been browsing the main board Leafs vs Panthers thread and basking in all the salt, and, well, as an unintended side effect to this I’ve read some Panthers fans give some explanations for their team’s improved postseason play, and many suggest it’s actually Tkachuk who has done more to help with that.

I would agree.

In the past Tkachuk has maybe been wired a bit too tight at times and he can cross the line and take his team out of a game or a series. This post season so far he has been a man on a mission and he has set the tone for the team. Making his Messier"esk" "we will be back here for game 7" comment after winning game 5 in Boston was ballsy. Yes that shit is 50-50 to backfire on you but this post season its having the intended effect. He and his line took over the Boston series and he has been a force in this series too.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
TeamLast time won a single game in Round 2
Toronto Maple Leafs
2004​
Buffalo Sabres
2007​
Arizona Coyotes
2012​
Detroit Red Wings
2013​

It's a pretty massive game on Wednesday, May 10. Toronto Maple Leafs have another opportunity to finally win a game in Round 2 for the first time since 2004.

No doubt, Buffalo Sabres 2006-2007 alumni, like Daniel Brierre and Teppo Numminen, will be watching Wednesday's game closely.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think people wanting to dump him has more to do with his perceived attitude than his production

He scored 42 this year (despite vanishing for stretches)... it's hard to want to dump a guy that did that
whatever the reason for moving him is - we have been abysmal w/o him in the POs. the OP was talking about how SEA has played well w/o Mccan in comparison to us w/o Schefiele.

can you fix the attitude? :dunno: and given the absence of adequate replacements internally, as well as a weak UFA-C group this team will miss scheifele a lot i think.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Fort Sask, AB
The other thing that's absolutely hilarious is how pumped Toronto fans were for Florida to beat Boston........

Reminds of two years ago. Leafs up 3-1 on Canadiens, and come back to win the series. We all celebrated facing the Habs in the 2nd round. Well, we saw how that turned out for us.

Moral of the story, be careful for what you wish for.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The Tkachuk factor has been huge for Fla. That's a ballsy team. Verhaeghe, Barkov, Bennett, Gudas....those guys are nails. But, you can't get anywhere without goaltending which had been a huge issue all year, and that seems resolved (for now).

Frendlygiant

Apr 27, 2018
Please God No.jpg

If this were to happen I fear I would never hear the end of it till the day I die. Truly the darkest timeline.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not just that.

Toronto is afraid of Gudas and Bennett. As in look over your shoulder afraid.
Buff wasn't perfect, who is, but losing him was such a blow to this team for that reason alone , never mind the offense that he provided from the defense. A NFL linebacker that can skate is a very tough thing to find .Man i miss Buff .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad