Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Otter is sucking heavy gumbo

giphy.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So full marks to the Panthers. They came back from 3-1 down vs a historic Bruins team. They are on the verge of sweeping a very good leaf’s team.

Reinhart made such a beautiful play on the OT winner.

I was a pretty big Auston Matthew’s fan but he has really not been able to put the Leafs on his back in the playoffs to this point in his career and he will be 26 in September. I am Starting to think he doesn’t have it in him.

Last edited:

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
I spent last week in Vegas. Mainly playing poker. Know one of the dealers quite well, who insisted that the Panthers were going to sweep the Leafs. Told him no way. Right now, I am glad I didn’t bet on it. Hope they complete the sweep. If they do, who will have the most pissed off fan base - us or them?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I spent last week in Vegas. Mainly playing poker. Know one of the dealers quite well, who insisted that the Panthers were going to sweep the Leafs. Told him no way. Right now, I am glad I didn’t bet on it. Hope they complete the sweep. If they do, who will have the most pissed off fan base - us or them?
Based on expectations and results this season, it’s them ainec.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I gotta ask...

What do we all think about Paul taking the struggling Presidents Trophy 8th place Panthers to the Western Conference Finals?

Multiple Choice:

A) It's Luck.

B) Coaching Strategy.

C) Having a Roster with Heart that that Pushes Back.

D) BOB

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I gotta ask...

What do we all think about Paul taking the struggling Presidents Trophy 8th place Panthers to the Western Conference Finals?

Multiple Choice:

A) It's Luck.

B) Coaching Strategy.

D) BOB
Have to go C mostly - Tkachuk for better or worse is busting his ass, Barkov is the 200' player Scheif was supposed to be

It was luck that Ullmark forgot how to goalie though... Florida's shooting percentage is off the charts

I really do like the Panthers power play scheme - they've got that dialled in

Reactions: RabidOne

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

The way results have been going I don't think the Jets even crack the top 5 of most pissed off fan base.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I gotta ask...

Multiple Choice:

A) It's Luck.

B) Coaching Strategy.

D) BOB
B and C.

You can coach a team well but if they don't have the heart to follow systems and work their asses off, especially when things aren't going great you can't win.

Your team can have all the talent and heart in the world but without good coaching they aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: kanadalainen

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So full marks to the Panthers. They came back from 3-1 down vs a historic Bruins team. They are on the verge of sweeping a very good leaf’s team.

Reinhart made such a beautiful play on the OT winner.

I was a pretty big Auston Matthew’s fan but he has really not been able to put the Leafs on his back in the playoffs to this point in his career and he will be 26 in September. I am Starting to think he doesn’t have it in him.
Must be coaching!

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The way results have been going I don't think the Jets even crack the top 5 of most pissed off fan base.
All fanbases end up pissed at the end of the year unless they have vastly overperformed.

Look at the roster Dubas has put together in TO and the fans want to lynch him.
They've won their first playoff series.in nearly 20 years and the coach needs firing.

Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Keefe maybe you keep. But I would be shocked to see Dubas survive. I don't care for him a tonne but I am genuinely curious how he would do in a smaller market. Players line up to get into Toronto so id like to see how he does in a market that isn't as desirable. I don't specifically mean Winnipeg, but like Columbus, Ottawa, or even Minnesota also.

It's easy to throw around money, he isn't much of a GM imo, Keefe's a good coach I guess but with that line up you have to do better against the Panthers and can't get swept and keep your job.

I would love to see Dubas GM the Jets, yes some of the contracts he gave to the forwards weren't great but he was also a pretty green GM back then. With experience I doubt he repeats the same mistake. He is willing to go outside the box, exactly the type of thinking a small market team like us needs.

Leafs really no different than us. Top end talent guys you rely on simply just disappearing. Are these guys just not made for play offs? Team culture? Coaching can't get them going? No real leadership?

I think the main difference is that the Leafs at the very least have pretty good regular seasons, we've had disappointing regular seasons and disappointing playoffs (when we made it) for the last few seasons.

Although some might argue that being tigers in the regular season, only to capitulate in the playoffs is worse than constant mediocrity in both regular season and the playoffs that the Jets demonstrate. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad