Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I’d be livid if I was a Vegas fan with that Kane beat down on kolesar. Edmonton had a lot of luck and things go right for them that game.

For me, oilers + kane + ugliest jersey in sports makes it nigh impossible to cheer them on and I’d much rather see the Manitoban boys get the last laugh in this series

That’s just me

Reactions: Been around

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Nice to see Vegas lose; sucks to see Edmonton win.
14-05-16TAG.jpg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I’d be livid if I was a Vegas fan with that Kane beat down on kolesar. Edmonton had a lot of luck and things go right for them that game.

For me, oilers + kane + ugliest jersey in sports makes it nigh impossible to cheer them on and I’d much rather see the Manitoban boys get the last laugh in this series

That’s just me
Go Kraken!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

That’s just me
The Oilers live and die on their PP. So far they've been living.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Oilers live and die on their PP. So far they've been living.

If you play their game and give them PP’s they can make you look bad. Last night was Edmonton at their best and Vegas no showing, such is the winding tale of best of 7 hockey series. I expect Cassidy to adjust and try to get the games back to a 5 on 5 contest.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So far the leafs have not been able to use the refs for an excuse since the penaltie differential has been a big advantage for them.

From what I have seen in TO so far the fans are coping the same way most Canadian markets do when their team shats the bed. Self loathing, scapegoating that Jets fans are familiar with.

Leafs season is on the line tonight so one would expect their best, desperate game but I have no idea if that happens.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
His on ice effort was 100%

Doesn’t change his off ice issues though
I just remember the games where you'd see him chirping the refs through the entire commercial break... then the Jets would get a garbage call against them.

Attitude offset whatever scoring benefit he provided.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I liked his on ice commitment and drive. I never felt cheated by his effort as a fan.
I liked how he kept his trade demands behind closed doors for many years as well .

Imagine wanting out from the first year you arrived , being a professional about it as well . And your gm doing nothing about it until he was forced by buff .

I have no hatered towards him at all . Playing hard every game for 5 years while feeling like your stuck here is actually admirable l.

We can’t even get our players to play hard for an entire season

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Neither team is playing a system but man Florida-Toronto is fun chaotic hockey to watch... really enjoying this series - especially if the Leafs get swept

Reactions: snowkiddin

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It is a super downer to see the creative structure in the Panthers' power play... like what's with the adjustments...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Nice to see Vegas lose; sucks to see Edmonton win.
I guess I'm in the minority here, as I see a lot of hatred for the Oilers and Leafs during these playoffs. I'm a Jets fan first, but if their out, I'm pulling for a Canadian team. I'm rooting for the Oilers, and I think with McDavid being what's looking like a generational player, I'd like to see the Oilers win the Stanley Cup, and I think they have a real good shot. The game of Hockey was born in Canada, and it's about time, one of our Canadian teams brings it home. It's been too long -- I think 25 -30 years now ?

I should add, that even the Oilers young Coach seems very poised, and looks like he suits that team. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad