Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Even if quality is identical to the replica/indo-authentics from Adidas I think Fanatics' reputation is so bad that I wouldn't touch a new jersey from them.
I find the fanatics stuff to be pretty good quality. Also, I can say now that the way I broke the Jets Aviator jersey here is because I have a hockey buddy who was an exec for them and he showed it to me lol

None

Feb 22, 2012
I find the fanatics stuff to be pretty good quality. Also, I can say now that the way I broke the Jets Aviator jersey here is because I have a hockey buddy who was an exec for them and he showed it to me lol

As I said, the quality could be good but I think the Fanatics brand is just so tainted at this point that they're hard to trust. Between vinyl printing peeling off or cracking and batches of hats just straight up having the completely wrong logo or team name embroidered and seemingly no quality control to catch it I think they've permanently destroyed their reputation in the race to the bottom of manufacturing cost.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Jonathan Huberdeau with 47 points this year, won't even attain half of his 115 from last year, signed until 2031. Naz with 49, -17, after hitting 85 last year. With Markstrom's decline too that should be a buyer beware on over 30 contracts. Huberdeau turns 30 by the time the new contract kicks in...

And the Flames are in a similar predicament to us, with Lindholm, Backlund, Toffoli and Hanifin all UFAs at the end of next year.

Sutter may get the axe but Treviling won't last long with $23.5 million of Cap space invested in Huberdeau, Kadri and Markstrom for several years, if you get the same results from those 3.

Clearly the season Tkachuk is having in Florida would indicate that the Flames lost that trade.
Treliving's contract expires this year. There have been rumours that he may take over as GM or some other position in Toronto. Sutter signed a 2-year extension that begins next year so it would be surprising for him to be fired...since he gets along well with the owner he might even be moved to GM.

Kadri's numbers this year are in line with his career norms. For $7 million per season that's reasonable for a few years anyways. If he was expected to hit 80 plus points per season going forward he would have got more than a $7 million AAV.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Calgary

Friedman noted, “I’ve heard that Kadri’s been very vocal about what he sees going on in Calgary and why they aren’t firing on all cylinders.” He added, “He’s been very blunt about the communication between players and the coach there.

Recently, NHL agent Allan Walsh seemed to throw the coaching staff under the bus when defending his client Jonathan Huberdeau. Huberdeau has struggled this season, especially when compared to his previous campaign in Florida. He’s among a couple of players rumored to be disappointed with the system and style of play the Flames employ. Rumors of friction between the coach and the forward have been out there for a while.

Boomer from the Flames Barn Burner Podcast added, “this goes beyond that (Elliotte’s report). What I’m hearing is that there’s some players that have basically said “I’m not coming back if this guy is behind the bench. I’m f—ing done.”

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Calgary

Friedman noted, “I’ve heard that Kadri’s been very vocal about what he sees going on in Calgary and why they aren’t firing on all cylinders.” He added, “He’s been very blunt about the communication between players and the coach there.

Recently, NHL agent Allan Walsh seemed to throw the coaching staff under the bus when defending his client Jonathan Huberdeau. Huberdeau has struggled this season, especially when compared to his previous campaign in Florida. He’s among a couple of players rumored to be disappointed with the system and style of play the Flames employ. Rumors of friction between the coach and the forward have been out there for a while.

Boomer from the Flames Barn Burner Podcast added, “this goes beyond that (Elliotte’s report). What I’m hearing is that there’s some players that have basically said “I’m not coming back if this guy is behind the bench. I’m f—ing done.”
So in other words the boys who signed the big contracts don't want to put in the hard work ... they expect the low paying players to do the dirty work (board battles) and fetch the pucks for them.
Sounds like today's society.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Amazing how a goalie can make or break a coach... Sutter under fire in calgary big time... now kadri barking about him

Wonder if boudreau ends up there

Difference between Flames last year and this year is pretty plain to see.
Markstrom 92.2% last year, 88.9% this year.
That is a huge swing.

The last 8 seasons he has gone 91.5, 91.0, 91.2, 91.2, 91.8, 90.4, 92.2, 88.9. Prior to this yea it was just 2 down seasons. And those 2 were not all that bad at 91.0 and 90.4. He just turned 33 and he might be done, at least as a starter. There is a cautionary tale for Jets there.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So in other words the boys who signed the big contracts don't want to put in the hard work ... they expect the low paying players to do the dirty work (board battles) and fetch the pucks for them.
Sounds like today's society.

Meh, Sutter’s a dinosaur that hasn’t adapted to the modern day. He’s still 15-20 years behind.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Meh, Sutter’s a dinosaur that hasn’t adapted to the modern day. He’s still 15-20 years behind.
Yes totally agree ... today kids needed to be treated "handle with care". This is what happens when you hand out the participaction award.
Us old times remember when players got benched the next game they played they came out flying and usually scored. Today they pout ... look at the Lightning and Jets when their stars got benched. They didn't even try the next game and the teams lost.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yes totally agree ... today kids needed to be treated "handle with care". This is what happens when you hand out the participaction award.
Us old times remember when players got benched the next game they played they came out flying and usually scored. Today they pout ... look at the Lightning and Jets when their stars got benched. They didn't even try the next game and the teams lost.

What does any of that have to do with Sutter being a bad coach??

Btw, you try getting by in today’s society with the cost of living and the lack of income. I’m not working 60+ hrs a week to try and get ahead. That’s not living.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
That is a huge swing.

The last 8 seasons he has gone 91.5, 91.0, 91.2, 91.2, 91.8, 90.4, 92.2, 88.9. Prior to this yea it was just 2 down seasons. And those 2 were not all that bad at 91.0 and 90.4. He just turned 33 and he might be done, at least as a starter. There is a cautionary tale for Jets there.
What could that be due to the coaches defensive system?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Btw, you try getting by in today’s society with the cost of living and the lack of income. I’m not working 60+ hrs a week to try and get ahead. That’s not living.

Maybe Kadri is a mediocre player who got paid off 1 good year and shouldn't be beaking off like he's a leader when his history screams petulant baby?

Maybe Huberdeau is the Kyle Connor *with more luck* from Florida and can't handle actually putting in the effort required outside of pointsing to be worth that coming contract?

They're both GIGANTIC reasons the Flames are where they are. Sutter is a better coach in his career than either of them are players, even if I agree he's a dinosaur and out of touch.

Sutter is a piece, their *stars* (including Markstrom) are the bigger problem.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
That is a huge swing.

Always figured helle will go to Detroit.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Sutter is not a bad coach ... he is just coaching in the wrong era. Today's players are spoiled!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I assume they will improve the quality for the actual on-ice jerseys but in general they don't have great products so this isn't good news. The Adidas jerseys are awesome but I imagine these will be worse, especially considering they aren't even a jersey company at the moment.

Reactions: Guardian17

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Avs are losing at least
Them losing is irrelevant, they are 5 points up on the Jets with 2 games in hand, and are 7-2-1 in their last 10. An actual biblical miracle would need to occur for the Jets to catch Colorado at this point.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Them losing is irrelevant, they are 5 points up on the Jets with 2 games in hand, and are 7-2-1 in their last 10. An actual biblical miracle would need to occur for the Jets to catch Colorado at this point.

Sure but I want to celebrate even the tiny wins at this point
Might as well cheer against all decent teams in the West just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad