Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
With the knuckleheads off to an 0-4 start now the rumours come out about a bad dressing room. Is this the new excuse for teams losing?

As for respect, there was a thread a while back on the main boards about who makes the playoffs. I didnt see a single person with the Jets making the post season.
Go underdogs!!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Be prepared for Nick Robertson is going to win the Calder talk out of Leaf land tonig
It's gonna happen just like the Justin Hole hype thread...and all of HF responding to that hype

8Nis33Z.mp4

for those bad at lip reading, it is: Jesus f***ing christ....f*** me

Reactions: bustamente

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well Moe now has 2/3 of his Staal crew. Juat needs to convince the GM to trade for Jordan now.

Dahlin has been beasting and Comrie is playing great, what an error to lose him.

I'm really happy for Eric. While I would have loved to keep him he's getting the chance to try to win a starters job and that wouldn't have happened with Helle here.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Their defensive impact isn't as important as their overall impact on the game.

Again - not my point. You referenced "defence that's very thin behind Rielly and Giordano". Rielly and Giordano are also thin defensively. So their issue is defence. It is also goaltending but Rielly and Gio don't play goal.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well Moe now has 2/3 of his Staal crew. Juat needs to convince the GM to trade for Jordan now.

I'm really happy for Eric. While I would have loved to keep him he's getting the chance to try to win a starters job and that wouldn't have happened with Helle here.

Doesn't change the fact that Jets shouldn't have lost him.

Reactions: None

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So what? What point are you trying to make? Konecny has skills? Who doesn't know that?

Why not post:
McDavid with his 5th goal and 10th point tonight.
Just sayin'.

Yeah it's nice to wish for a player you like but there was very little chance an org trying to win like Philly was going to move him.

Yeah, it was definitely a mistake on management/Lowrys part.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah it's nice to wish for a player you like but there was very little chance an org trying to win like Philly was going to move him.

Yeah, it was definitely a mistake on management/Lowrys part.

That too. :laugh:

But if his point is that we should have traded for Konecny, he should say so.

Is there any Jets fan who would NOT like to have TK? But how many would be willing to pay the price it would have taken to get him?

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That too. :laugh:

But if his point is that we should have traded for Konecny, he should say so.

Is there any Jets fan who would NOT like to have TK? But how many would be willing to pay the price it would have taken to get him?

Well there was a bunch of TK for Wheeler proposals floating about all offseason lol.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Again - not my point. You referenced "defence that's very thin behind Rielly and Giordano". Rielly and Giordano are also thin defensively. So their issue is defence. It is also goaltending but Rielly and Gio don't play goal.

Feels a bit pedantic - their position is defence, and that's the position I was referring to, not their overall ability to play defence.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
ESPN

Spin: Comrie became the first goalie in Sabres history to post 40-plus saves while winning consecutive games. He was impressive Thursday, and the Sabres jumped out to an early lead to make his job easier. The 27-year-old is 2-1-0 with nine goals allowed on 128 shots through three appearances, and it looks like he might have the edge over Craig Anderson for the starting job in goal. The Sabres' road trip continues in Vancouver on Saturday, so it'll be interesting to see which goalie gets the nod for that contest.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You have no idea what the org was doing. Comrie probably had next to zero value so letting him walk to pursue his dreams might have been the right thing to do from a human perspective.

I know it's weird to consider some companies care about their people, but I get the sense that is true with the Jets.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
You have no idea what the org was doing. Comrie probably had next to zero value so letting him walk to pursue his dreams might have been the right thing to do from a human perspective.

I know it's weird to consider some companies care about their people, but I get the sense that is true with the Jets.

I think this is what happened, where the organization likes Comrie as a person and wanted to give him the opportunity to earn a starting job somewhere in the NHL. He was never going to get that opportunity here. TrueNorth continues to show how they take care of their own, regardless of whether they continue to experience success with the Jets or not.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If you don't like my posts, ignore me...

I didn't say I didn't like your posts.
I didn't like that one because it was an incomplete thought. You left it up to the reader to divine the intent of the post. Do that and you aren't going to like the responses, if you get any. I can guess your intent and either agree with or argue against something that wasn't even what you were thinking.

I asked you to clarify and you chose to make a statement that added nothing.

Based on the 2 posts, I will simply guess that Philly is happy not to have traded him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think most of the TK talk started last year when there were reports out of Philly that he was available/being shopped.

Now whether that was legit and what the price was, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad