Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | We Are All Kevin Bieksa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I never understood Dallas's gameplay in this series. Why they had Tanev trying to shutdown McDavid instead of a forward ala JT Miller.

This is what will be interesting in the next round what will the matchups be against McDrai.
barkov against mcdavid.? lundell against draistial if they split up

Reactions: crazychimp

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Panthers press is gonna give the Oilers nightmares. Too many defensive zone lapses and poor habits at getting pucks out will be there undoing if they dont do a lot better than most of what i've seen

Physically they havent had anything like Florida yet

Barkov vs Draisaitl and Bennett Lundell tag teaming Mcdavid is gonna be by far the toughest C ice battle the Oil have had.

Bob is better than Stu.

This should be a interesting Final.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I never understood Dallas's gameplan in this series. Why they had Tanev trying to shutdown McDavid instead of a forward ala JT Miller.

This is what will be interesting in the next round what will the matchups be against McDrai.

I think Tkachuk goes head to head with them.

I was amazed at how non-physical Dallas played the Oilers. Didn’t make their F or D pay much of a price at all.

Something Florida does a nice job of is making life miserable all over the ice with their physical play.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
The last Canadian team I cheered for was the Senators 16-17. It would have been fun to see them win that year. I loved watching Erik Karlsson, the things he was pulling off was crazy. The beat the Penguins in that game 7 that went to double overtime they win it all that year.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Oilers are a tank commander's dream. And while that is a historically proven strategy, the degree to which EDM 'executed' that strategy, to me, is repulsive. I know it doesn't matter what a Canucks fan thinks in this case. They beat VAN. They were better. Oiler fans should rejoice. But damn, sometimes I hate how the NHL rewards epic failure.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
i guess all the experts were right. the oilers were cup favorites all along. credit to holland for building the best team in the league

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The Oilers are a tank commander's dream. And while that is a historically proven strategy, the degree to which EDM 'executed' that strategy, to me, is repulsive. I know it doesn't matter what a Canucks fan thinks in this case. They beat VAN. They were better. Oiler fans should rejoice. But damn, sometimes I hate how the NHL rewards epic failure.
Rewarding failure is how teams win cups.

Instead, FAQ was chasing mediocrity between 2015-2022.

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad