Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't understand why the league do that.
I really don't think McD was the BEST player in the Finals, and I know it is hard to pick a player this finals but I think Barkov or Bob winning would not be a problem.
Just under 2 PPG and the only players with a better playoff run played for Cup winners (Gretzky x 2, Lemieux). This might not have even been a tough decision to make.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just under 2 PPG and the only players with a better playoff run played for Cup winners (Gretzky x 2, Lemieux). This might not have even been a tough decision to make.
But he was pretty much held pointless in 3 of the 7 games in the Finals.
When Bob got a shutout and two 1 goal games, safe to say he won those 3 games on his own for the Panthers.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I really don't think McD was the BEST player in the Finals, and I know it is hard to pick a player this finals but I think Barkov or Bob winning would not be a problem.
NHL should probably rethink the Conn Smythe. The player from the losing team wants nothing to do with it. From a marketing perspective, it takes away from the league promoting the winning team.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
NHL should probably rethink the Conn Smythe. The player from the losing team wants nothing to do with it. From a marketing perspective, it takes away from the league promoting the winning team.

McD with the Conn. It's not wrong, come on. Rare circumstances a player on the losing team gets it, he hit it.
I am 100% certain if Hyman or even Drai got McD points in the SCF, the Smythe will be going to Bob or Barkov.
This is a shameless marketing gimmick from the league.

I can see McD having the stats to back up winning the Smythe but I am also 100% sure if Bob or Barkov win the Smythe, don't think a lot of people will say McD deserves it.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Idk how anyone can really make an argument against McDavid winning it. Floridas highest scoring player the entire playoffs had 22 points and McDavid got 11 points just in that Cup Finals. Bobrovsky played well in their wins but he played absolutely horrible in the losses and I think that easily lost him the Conn Smythe.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Another thing to consider is the voters have to put in their ballots in the second intermission. It was 2-1 in game 7 at that point. Entirely possible for Oilers to win that in regulation. Imagine the Oilers win and Bobrovsky wins the Smythe with McDavid with those numbers lol!

It's fine, let them win whatever they want, as long as it's not the cup. Means nothing at the end of the day. You either won the cup or you didn't. You wouldn't see me bragging about a finals appearance that's for sure.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
But he was pretty much held pointless in 3 of the 7 games in the Finals.
When Bob got a shutout and two 1 goal games, safe to say he won those 3 games on his own for the Panthers.

Game 1, yeah, Bob won that

But I don't think he stole any other game in the series. Panthers dominated game 2 obviously (Bob could've played that game in a lawn chair), and were the better team in game 3 before sitting on the 3 goal lead. Tonight, he was good, but didn't face too many tough shots.

He was pretty bad in the 3 losses

Reactions: Buds17

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 12.10.24 AM.png

I thought hyman's shot in the 3rd was blocked, but as Steve Dangle points out in his postgame recap, the shot went underneath the D and it was actually Bobrovsky who made the most ridiculous save to win the stanley cup for the panthers (that play alone should deserve the conn smythe, but i dun think anyone cares).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Idk how anyone can really make an argument against McDavid winning it. Floridas highest scoring player the entire playoffs had 22 points and McDavid got 11 points just in that Cup Finals. Bobrovsky played well in their wins but he played absolutely horrible in the losses and I think that easily lost him the Conn Smythe.

McDavid had ONE 5v5 point in the series, when Barkov was on the ice. Barkov completely shut him down, and if it wasn’t for his stellar defensive play, Panthers don’t win.

I think there is an argument to be made, that Barkov deserved consideration.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Alot of props to the Oilers.
They were never a team that impressed me much outside of McDavid/Draisatl's brilliance but under Knoblach they played very good team hockey. For alot of this series they looked like the quicker team and didn't give up much defensively. Alot can change with inserting the right coach who either gets the most out of the group or changes the system. Makes me think we should have moved off of Keefe much sooner.

Hopefully now we're the team that breaks Canadas long streak of no cup winner.

Reactions: bax

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

The decision is made with about 10 minutes left.

If the Oilers tie then win they'd look like idiots for not giving it to him.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I am 100% certain if Hyman or even Drai got McD points in the SCF, the Smythe will be going to Bob or Barkov.
This is a shameless marketing gimmick from the league.

I can see McD having the stats to back up winning the Smythe but I am also 100% sure if Bob or Barkov win the Smythe, don't think a lot of people will say McD deserves it.

The Conn Smythe is picked by media representatives at the game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Tell Tavares, that’s the definition of “right there”.
Not losing the first round every year. That’s not it.
If only Johnny battled as hard in the playoffs as he is against the CRA.

Alot of props to the Oilers.
They were never a team that impressed me much outside of McDavid/Draisatl's brilliance but under Knoblach they played very good team hockey. For alot of this series they looked like the quicker team and didn't give up much defensively. Alot can change with inserting the right coach who either gets the most out of the group or changes the system. Makes me think we should have moved off of Keefe much sooner.

Hopefully now we're the team that breaks Canadas long streak of no cup winner.
If we are the team, Canada might be in for a long wait.

• Haha
Reactions: weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad