Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Could have fooled me. McDavid did everything but score. Some people must have watched a different game or maybe were wearing their Blue and White glasses.

This guy played his heart and ass off and some are calling him invisible. Wow.
People will do anything to make their team look less inept.
They will focus on Draisaitl not scoring in the finals (he’s been good in every playoffs) calling him a choker and ignore the 8 years here (comparing 1 final to 8 years) calling for a run it back.

Reactions: Jojalu and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Seeing people make excuses for another team is comical on this board when they preach that all that matters is results.

If Draisaitl was hurt, who cares, he didn't perform.

McDavid didn't perform when the games got the "toughest", he got empty points that series, right?

Results are all that matters, no?
Dragged them to the SCF and won the f***ing Conn Smythe. Those are f***ing results. But it makes you feel better, yeah he sucked.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They will focus on Draisaitl not scoring in the finals (he’s been good in every playoffs) calling him a choker and ignore the 8 years here (comparing 1 final to 8 years) calling for a run it back.
#Embarassing. These clowns help make us the most hated fan base. Defend the biggest losers of the last decade and shit on the best player of this generation. Some of them deserve to have their team lose in round 1.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I believe this means the Arizona franchise folds. The owner is done.

Arizona could petition in the future for an expansion team under new ownership.

He has a 5 year window. Does he get to still keep the coyotes IP?

Utah coyotes actually is better than yeti

Reactions: CuuuJooo

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I gotta say it. McDavid was invisible. I would’ve lost a lot of money if someone bet me on that. I thought he would’ve been flying out there. Oilers looked scared of losing

Reactions: WillNy29

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not to mention they overcame adversity and at least met a challenge face on.

Reactions: ToneDog

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
He will win a cup or two one day. I just hope one is as a Leaf.
Maybe in his twilight. Those Oilers aren't winning with Nurse, Campbell, and Brown all on the cap. They had a super lucky run to the cup finals and got shown what it's like to face a real goalie for once. Talbot, Silovs, and a down year Otter is a f***ing joke run to the cup.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Drai sucked in the finals (and most of the playoffs), he was terrible.

Sorry if you don't like this fact.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maybe in his twilight. Those Oilers aren't winning with Nurse, Campbell, and Brown all on the cap. They had a super lucky run to the cup finals and got shown what it's like to face a real goalie for once. Talbot, Silovs, and a down year Otter is a f***ing joke run to the cup.
Agreed they need to move off Nurse and Campbell. If Brown was real good. You are forgetting they beat a strong Dallas team and were the only team that managed to solve Bobrovsky after going down 3-0. They just fell short. As Tavares says, they were right there.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lucky? They were very good the last half of the season and in the playoffs. They have a solid core and with a few tweaks have a chance to keep it going

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Agreed they need to move off Nurse and Campbell. If Brown was real good. You are forgetting they beat a strong Dallas team and were the only team that managed to solve Bobrovsky after going down 3-0. They just fell short. As Tavares says, they were right there.
Brown was fine, but not for the what, 4M cap bonus he earned that hits them next season for nothing back.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
The irony of dumping on star players who got within 2 goals of a cup while cheering for bums who can't even get within 2 rounds.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He has a 5 year window. Does he get to still keep the coyotes IP?

Utah coyotes actually is better than yeti
I believe he loses all IP because it folded but not 100% sure.

He does lose the rights to sports gambling.
He lost his tag as an owner. Arizona state law allows a franchise owner to hold a licence for sports gambling.

Also I believe Utah now has zero history associated with Arizona. Whatever records that team had doesn’t move forward. Not like Atlanta Flames becoming Calgary. Utah is clean.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

I'll be saying the same when Tavares' contract is up. "Hey John, we're right there. Now GTFO".

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Drai sucked in the finals (and most of the playoffs), he was terrible.

Sorry if you don't like this fact.
It doesn’t bother me. Not my team.
I’m concerned with the fact that ours has sucked in the 1st round 8 of 9 years and needs to change.
Sorry if you don’t like that one.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The irony of dumping on star players who got within 2 goals of a cup while cheering for bums who can't even get within 2 rounds.
We all don't like the Oilers but it really is embarrassing. How'd our series go against Florida again?

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Lucky? They were very good the last half of the season and in the playoffs. They have a solid core and have a chance to keep it going.
9.5 on nurse, 5 on campbell, 4 on brown for him not even being on the roster next year. Then Drai will want a 5m raise and bouchard will want a 6m raise the following year. They literally can't get better than they just were.

And they wont get a path that easy to the cup again. Again, Talbot, Silovs, and Otter in his worst season of his career.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I believe he loses all IP because it folded but not 100% sure.

He does lose the rights to sports gambling.
He lost his tag as an owner. Arizona state law allows a franchise owner to hold a licence for sports gambling.

Also I believe Utah now has zero history associated with Arizona. Whatever records that team had doesn’t move forward. Not like Atlanta Flames becoming Calgary. Utah is clean.

But did it actually fold? I love that he announced it during game 7. Amazing

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
9.5 on nurse, 5 on campbell, 4 on brown for him not even being on the roster next year. Then Drai will want a 5m raise and bouchard will want a 6m raise the following year. They literally can't get better than they just were.

And they wont get a path that easy to the cup again. Again, Talbot, Silovs, and Otter in his worst season of his career.

Don't forget McDavid's league max salary. I don't he takes another discount.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad