Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
9.5 on nurse, 5 on campbell, 4 on brown for him not even being on the roster next year. Then Drai will want a 5m raise and bouchard will want a 6m raise the following year. They literally can't get better than they just were.

And they wont get a path that easy to the cup again. Again, Talbot, Silovs, and Otter in his worst season of his career.
Agreed they will be facing cap hell like we have since paying our core 4 but, no matter how they got there, they took the SC champs to 7 and lost by a goal. I'd say that is pretty good.

BTW, it was SC or bust for McDavid as well so I guess they busted.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
9.5 on nurse, 5 on campbell, 4 on brown for him not even being on the roster next year. Then Drai will want a 5m raise and bouchard will want a 6m raise the following year. They literally can't get better than they just were.

And they wont get a path that easy to the cup again. Again, Talbot, Silovs, and Otter in his worst season of his career.
They’re allowed to make moves around the core. They’re not like Ottawa or Toronto that’s trying to build a core.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Don't forget McDavid's league max salary. I don't he takes another discount.
He'll take a discount if he wants help getting back to the SCF. Will be interesting to see how they deal with McDaisaitl. I'd consider trading him rather than making him the highest paid player in the league.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Agreed they will be facing cap hell like we have since paying our core 4 but, no matter how they got there, they took the SC champs to 7 and lost by a goal. I'd say that is pretty good.

BTW, it was SC or bust for McDavid as well so I guess they busted.

Still losers... I would not be happy right now if I was an Edmonton fan.

Their stars choked.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
He'll take a discount if he wants help getting back to the SCF. Will be interesting to see how they deal with McDaisaitl. I'd consider trading him rather than making him the highest paid player in the league.

He might, but I doubt Leon will. Add Bouchard looking for a big raise, and they'll be in cap hell pretty quickly.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I gotta say it. McDavid was invisible. I would’ve lost a lot of money if someone bet me on that. I thought he would’ve been flying out there. Oilers looked scared of losing
He looked out of gas.

That's what happens when you go down 3-0 and try to win 4 straight. It's not easy to do and just getting it to 7 after a long season is insane.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I forgot about this:laugh::

"Brown has not even one goal in his 44 games this season, this despite signing a contract that will pay him $4 million in total this year when you include his $3.25 million bonus for having played in a minimum of 10 games (which will go against the Oilers cap next season)."

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 8.59.41 AM.png

$10 million to find 5 wingers, one D, and a Campbell replacement.

Holloway and Broberg are RFAs.

They are in tough shape.

Reactions: BallardEra

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
After watching McDavid play in the playoffs, I wonder how many times the Leafs had a quick thought about moving Matthews. I’m sure they’ve wondered aloud if he can elevate his play to carry them to a conference final.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You kill me. You defend our guys who lose in round #1 and call the Oilers who lose in game 7 of the SCF by a goal chokers. That is some sucking and blowing at the same time. Back to ignore.

I'm just trying to apply the logic of the people here to other teams instead of propping up everyone not on the Leafs.

It's sad you need a safe space...

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Not enough shots of broken-hearted. Crying oiler fans. You just know there would be nothing but full screen shots of bummed out Leaf fans if we were in that position.

Reactions: WillNy29

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
But did it actually fold? I love that he announced it during game 7. Amazing
It will be once the legal aspects are complete.
He had 5 years to build 50% of a new arena and pay back 1 billion to reactivate. Then the NHL would have had 33 teams. He walked away. He might still own the AHL team though.

If Arizona wants a team in the future, an expansion bid with new ownership will have to step forth.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
But he was pretty much held pointless in 3 of the 7 games in the Finals.
When Bob got a shutout and two 1 goal games, safe to say he won those 3 games on his own for the Panthers.
Pointless in 3 games, yet 11 points over 7 (or 4 games). Bobrovsky was equally ineffective when he wasn't at the top of his game. Bobrovsky probably does take the honours if FLA wraps up the series early, but...

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I forgot about this:laugh::

"Brown has not even one goal in his 44 games this season, this despite signing a contract that will pay him $4 million in total this year when you include his $3.25 million bonus for having played in a minimum of 10 games (which will go against the Oilers cap next season)."

There's always next year.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
watching with buds from Edmonton and an all-Oilers crowd in central London UK I came around to wanting them to win, and even put on a jersey, so I did my part to help them lose. left pub at 4am got home at 5:30. I have had better mornings
Ohw5hgA.jpeg

Reactions: Stephen

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Can you imagine as a Leafs fan if you suffered all the way to game 7 ...

Building expectation after each victory.

Losing round one, whatever.
Losing round two, at least they won a round.
Losing round three, Conference Champions ... not.
Losing round four, nothing but heartbreak. There is no reward for 2nd. in the finals. It's just Loserville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad