Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Last year the Leafs lost to Ottawa in the OSC final, but other that they’ve won every title since Matthews was a rookie.

We can thank Morgan's suspension for that.

Oilers fans are losing it. Their forum is a goldmine. One of them said something like - "Florida, you have to be humble when you win a Cup, and not disrespect McDavid's accomplishments". Oh yes. I'm sure humility plays a big part in an Edmonton cup win. You can't make this shit up. The opposing team doesn't and shouldn't give a rat's ass about McDavid.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
At least we don’t have to see bizzare posts about Hymans regular season plus playoff stats again.

The oiler are the western leafs.
Their big guns got shut out in deciding games.
Go down, fight back just to come up short and can’t score in the decider in the Atlantic.

McDavid had his chance at glory and they choked

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1719316293117.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NHL should probably rethink the Conn Smythe. The player from the losing team wants nothing to do with it. From a marketing perspective, it takes away from the league promoting the winning team.
He was far and away the best player in the Playoffs, they had to give it to him.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
At least we don’t have to see bizzare posts about Hymans regular season plus playoff stats again.

Go down, fight back just to come up short and can’t score in the decider in the Atlantic.

I’m sure they feel just like Matthews et al did that night they missed the playoffs against Columbus.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

McDavid was nowhere to be seen. He'll be the greatest player of all time, my ass...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The easy solution to the Conn Smythe discussion is for the media to select a player from each team and just give it to the player who's team won.

I can't imagine any of the Conn Smythe Cup losers give a crap about it at any point in their lives. Like is Giguere sitting there reminiscing about losing the Cup but winning the Smythe? I doubt it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The easy solution to the Conn Smythe discussion is for the media to select a player from each team and just give it to the player who's team won.

I can't imagine any of the Conn Smythe Cup losers give a crap about it at any point in their lives. Like is Giguere sitting there reminiscing about losing the Cup but winning the Smythe? I doubt it.
True enough.

It is part of the players legacy though.
I'm sure most don't remember players on winning teams that won it but everyone remembers that Giguere won it.

Reactions: Buds17

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

They should award another trophy to the MVP of the SCF. Call it the Wayne Gretzky trophy.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This is kind of ridiculous. Thwy are nowhere near game 7 of the finals without him.

Hyman doesn't miss the empty net, Drai's not injured and missing the net everytime McDavid set him up and they win
Could have fooled me. McDavid did everything but score. Some people must have watched a different game or maybe were wearing their Blue and White glasses.

This guy played his heart and ass off and some are calling him invisible. Wow.

Reactions: TMLegend and Jojalu

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

No need for a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. The best player in the playoffs won the award for the best player in the playoffs.

Reactions: Buds17

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Could have fooled me. McDavid did everything but score. Some people must have watched a different game or maybe were wearing their Blue and White glasses.

26 minutes on the ice, 3 falls of his own accord, 2 shots, and 30% on the draw. Best player in the world folks. Keep saying it and one day it might mean something.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is kind of ridiculous. Thwy are nowhere near game 7 of the finals without him.

Hyman doesn't miss the empty net, Drai's not injured and missing the net everytime McDavid set him up and they win

I don't know how Hyman didn't bury that last open net. It was like some supernatural stoppage of brain or something. He just needed to whack at it.

Reactions: Jojalu

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Seeing people make excuses for another team is comical on this board when they preach that all that matters is results.

If Draisaitl was hurt, who cares, he didn't perform.

McDavid didn't perform when the games got the "toughest", he got empty points that series, right?

Results are all that matters, no?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I don't know how Hyman didn't bury that last open net. It was like some supernatural stoppage of brain or something. He just needed to whack at it.

It's almost like he was still playing for the Leafs or something...

• Haha
Reactions: thewave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad