Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
not really showing up against an atlantic opponent

3 gp 0g 3a 0+/-
3 gp 0g 0a -2

hows their scoring holding up against the atlantic division?

Eh, there's a nugget of truth to that. Atlantic is a tougher division than the Pacific by a longshot. However, lest we forget when the Leafs faced "easy" opponents in Columbus and Montreal the stars still failed to score. Our woes are more than just being in a tough division.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
HNIC crew really still pumping the Oilers post game……

“Really learned a lot in the third period—- really out shot them” Jen thinks there’s hope! For a Canadian team and maybe Rogers!

And to think Ron sold his best friend down the river for this crap.
To be fair, I think Oilers will win Game 4 but lose Game 5.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Said it before and I'll say it again. You're not going to win a cup with Stuart Skinner and having nurse make 9.5 and being paired with ceci. It doesn't matter if you have mcdavid and drais, it will eventually catch up to you. They'll have one more kick at the can next season but will be a mess after that. Bouchard will go from making under 4m to probably at least 10. And drais will go from under 9 to 12.5+.

Reactions: HolyCrap and horner

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
LMAO twitter is on FIRE

rdt_20240613_2355581703007265072700016-jpg.882622
Their top five scorers in the playoffs still haven't scored a single goal against Florida.

horner

May 22, 2007
They will. The Oilers deserve credit for making it this far, and our loser team is still a bunch of losers.

But until they win the Cup they aren't really winners as a team either. At least Mc finals.

Drai are generally highly productive in the playoffs.
There top 5 players 3 assist in the finals.
This is what happens when you play a a team and an actual goaltender .
Previous series
LA Talbot
Van the 3rd stringer goaltender
Dal Ottenger

The last 5 years just in our division
TB Vasi Stanley Cup ×3
Florida Bob Stanley Cup finals
Florida Stanley Cup

These are the teams we have played in the 1st rd

If Edmonton was in our division they maybe would have won one round like us.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

“Really learned a lot in the third period—- really out shot them” Jen thinks there’s hope! For a Canadian team and maybe Rogers!

And still really lost.

Where the hell is McDavid? The biggest series of his career, and he's got what? 3 assists? For the so-called greatest thing since sliced bread, this is unacceptable. Him and Leon Diver can learn a thing or two from Barkov.

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

How much of a corporate simp do you gotta be to say something like “ there’s hope! And maybe for Rogers too!” Just gross

At least Cherry stood up for something, ever since he was let go it’s just senseless woke corporate non sense

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I just hate these top heavy, questionable defense/goaltending type builds.

Hopefully we take note and balance out our squad.

Reactions: PromisedLand

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I had been told many times on this forum that Barkov is not even in the same level as MM, while I kept saying he is.

Now I admit that I was wrong. Barkov and MM are not in the same level. lol

Got that right. Leon Diver has been a joke this series, and McDavid sure as hell doesn't look like the greatest player in league history. This is the big show, and both have been ineffective compared to Barkov.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Maurice seems to

Barkov was also known as a playoff underperformer … until these playoffs
I’m hoping the same can be done for Matthews with a core/identity change and a transformation of team like Florida did.
Tkachuk was one piece but they also outlined it with players who are slightly below what you would consider a “core” player but way above what you consider just depth.

That philosophy change is needed here and some need to go for it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I really hate the argument that when a goalie plays great and wins a game that its somehow not fair to the other team. "They were the better team except for the goalie".

If Florida has 2m invested in its starter and the other 8m sprinkled around the roster how much better would their skaters be? The goalie is part of the team and the salary cap structure of it. They made a decision to build that way and allocate those dollars to that position.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
How much of a corporate simp do you gotta be to say something like “ there’s hope! And maybe for Rogers too!” Just gross

At least Cherry stood up for something, ever since he was let go it’s just senseless woke corporate non sense
I for one definitely think that whining on TikTok about how offended you are is a great use of time and that jobs are overrated

• Haha
Reactions: stats1

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I really hate the argument that when a goalie plays great and wins a game that its somehow not fair to the other team. "They were the better team except for the goalie".

If Florida has 2m invested in its starter and the other 8m sprinkled around the roster how much better would their skaters be? The goalie is part of the team and the salary cap structure of it. They made a decision to build that way and allocate those dollars to that position.

I thought Edmonton had signed Jack Campbell for these important moments.:sarcasm:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Florida is spending basically spending 14.5m on their goalies lmao. They basically have as much dead cap in goaltending as the Oilers. Meanwhile they still have way better depth and D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad