Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I really wouldn't have a problem with the Oilers if their fans weren't such insufferable dicks on the aggregate.

But they are. They really are.

They deserve this. Hope it continues.

Reactions: HolyCrap

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
FLA has a couple high paid players, but their mid to underpaid players are really preforming for them, Zito has done tidy business there.. I don't think you can find a team has had players playing at an elite level like these guys while being this underpaid.

Verhaeghe @ 4.1m
Reinhart @ 6.5m
Bennett @ 4.425m
Montour @ 3.5m
Forsling @ 2.6m

Those 5 players have been a steal.

Their player development desires props.

Only Reinhart had some quality success before going to Florida. These other guys bounced around a couple of teams and suddenly become stars in Florida.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I don't think the Panthers give a shit about their outgoing UFA's if they win the Cup, which is highly likely.

You win the Cup, you earn the right to get paid.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That's what happens sometimes. Seems like the Panthers learned from last year when they got completely dominated by the Knights where they lost in 5 and 3 of those games they allowed 5 or more goals. This year Bob has been great and their team is playing great in front of him. If the Oilers end up losing this series in a similar fashion, who knows maybe they can learn as well and come back better next year.
Oilers need a new goalie, two more Dmen and a 3C. That’s a lot to add in one year. Plus Vegas will be a lot tougher than this past year.

Like I said in another post. What Vegas and Panthers are showing is you need to built a balance team to win the Cup. You can’t have a top heavy team to win bc McD and Drai are as top heavy as you can get in terms for talents.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Say what you want about Tkachuck being a rat or what not but that team mindset is on another level. There are no passengers on that team

Just look at this interview after the 2nd

Yup.

First of all, all winning teams have rats. It's been that way since the dawn of time. Second of all, they have the talent, depth, playing style and focus to do what they are doing.

The best team in the league. You can't really debate it at this point. They are the best and they deserve it.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Oilers need a new goalie, two more Dmen and a 3C. That’s a lot to add in one year. Plus Vegas will be a lot tougher than this past year.

Like I said in another post. What Vegas and Panthers are showing is you need to built a balance team to win the Cup. You can’t have a top heavy team to win bc McD and Drai are as top heavy as you can get in terms for talents.
The same thing we need?

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Geez, just tuned in because life, Cole’s Notes on game? Didn’t expect 4-1. Skinner Skinner-ing? Or just Florida Florida-ing?

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

Oilers have similar needs to the Leafs. They are lucky to be in finals with the easier path.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

To be fair the Oilers best players have shown up for most of the playoffs until they got mostly shutdown so far in the finals. Not like they've been ghosts who haven't been leading their team for most the playoffs like the Leafs best players have been far too often. Oilers best guys have earned their paychecks this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad