Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Oilers....

giphy.gif

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
if oilers were in the atlantic not sure they'd get much farther than the leafs. at least their stars show up tho

That’s really the biggest difference between our two franchises. Oilers roster is full of crap and bad contracts but when push comes to shove McDavid and Draisaitl go off in the playoffs and score like gangbusters. Like we consider Nylander a good playoff performer but that’s only in comparison to Matthews and Marner who are abysmal in the postseason. Comparing Nylander to the two Oilers stars and it’s a wide gap.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Lmaooo. Where are all the ones in this thread going off about how the Oilers were winning the cup? Absolute frauds being exposed for the frauds they are. The Oilers are and always will be Leafs West. A top heavy roster with no forward depth, a shoddy d-core and unreliable goaltending. I predicted Cats in 5, but it might just be a clean sweep. Embarrassing.
I don't think the Oilers are necessarily frauds, just that they ran into a better team that's been dominate most of the playoffs. They've looked like the better team in every series they've played so far and I don't think Dallas or anyone else would look much better against this Panthers team this season.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
That’s really the biggest difference between our two franchises. Oilers roster is full of crap and bad contracts but when push comes to shove McDavid and Draisaitl go off in the playoffs and score like gangbusters. Like we consider Nylander a good playoff performer but that’s only in comparison to Matthews and Marner who are abysmal in the postseason. Comparing Nylander to the two Oilers stars and it’s a wide gap.
Doesn't that say something though that McDavid and Drai score at the rate they do and they still can't carry their corpse of a team to a cup?

The reality is our 4 guys combined still ain't gonna do what McDavid and Drai do in the playoffs and they cost a hell of a lot more. The cap structure just looks worse and worse.

Reactions: ToneDog

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Florida is such a well balanced team.
They can play any game you want, have tons of depth and now a goalie who's extremely locked in.
Lucky for us they need to give Reinhart bigtime raise and also Montour, so that should impact their overall depth.
When people say they want to have a tough team, this is what many people envision.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
hyman is at 68 goals in total for the year. would like to see oilers get swept but wouldn't mind seeing hyman get 71 goals just to f*** with malthews

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am convinced we can't have a team of overpaid players and hope to win teh cup.

Also, I think I am also convinced that we really shouldn't go after McDavid in UFA if he hits the market. He will demand too much money and it will gut our overall team strength.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The miracle is they rode Skinner to the final. Its pretty amazing considering how awful he is

They had an easy path. Kings aren’t good, Vancouver were upstarts and even then it took injuries and 7 games for the Oilers to get past them, and Dallas went through a brutal central division and had little left in the tank.

The West was perfectly set up for the Oilers once VGK f***ed up their final game and set up a Kings-Oilers first round and put them in the Central bracket.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
They had an easy path. Kings aren’t good, Vancouver were upstarts and even then it took injuries and 7 games for the Oilers to get past them, and Dallas went through a brutal central division and had little left in the tank.

The West was perfectly set up for the Oilers once VGK f***ed up their final game and set up a Kings-Oilers first round and put them in the Central bracket.
This is also two postseasons now that the OIlers have had their two superstars playing like 2009 Crosby/Malkin and they still haven't got it done. Very, very squandered opportunities by the OIlers organization.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad