Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don't think the Oilers are necessarily frauds, just that they ran into a better team that's been dominate most of the playoffs. They've looked like the better team in every series they've played so far and I don't think Dallas or anyone else would look much better against this Panthers team this season.
True but you also need to look at how Panthers are dominating the Oilers. TWO goals in 8 periods.

Reactions: ToneDog

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This is also two postseasons now that the OIlers have had their two superstars playing like 2009 Crosby/Malkin and they still haven't got it done. Very, very squandered opportunities by the OIlers organization.

If Holland were competent the Oilers would likely have a Cup by now.

Reactions: socko

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
This is also two postseasons now that the OIlers have had their two superstars playing like 2009 Crosby/Malkin and they still haven't got it done. Very, very squandered opportunities by the OIlers organization.
That Pens team had Hal Gill. Only a Gill caliber defenseman can help Edmonton.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Florida is such a well balanced team.
They can play any game you want, have tons of depth and now a goalie who's extremely locked in.
Lucky for us they need to give Reinhart bigtime raise and also Montour, so that should impact their overall depth.
When people say they want to have a tough team, this is what many people envision.
It’s also an indication that you need a balance team to win the Cup instead of having a few top players. Bc McD and Drai are as good as they come in terms of being the most talented player in the league and yet they are not doing anything for 8 periods.

Reactions: weems

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah after watching this ass kicking I’m not as down on the Leafs as I was before lol. There is no way the Leafs or any other team is beating Florida. Way too deep, their forecheck is nuts, their D is suffocating, they’re tough. They’re the Champs.

The Atlantic Division is nuts. TB back to back Cups, Florida about to win 1

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
IMG_2549.png

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I am convinced we can't have a team of overpaid players and hope to win teh cup.

Also, I think I am also convinced that we really shouldn't go after McDavid in UFA if he hits the market. He will demand too much money and it will gut our overall team strength.
FLA has a couple high paid players, but their mid to underpaid players are really preforming for them, Zito has done tidy business there.. I don't think you can find a team has had players playing at an elite level like these guys while being this underpaid.

Verhaeghe @ 4.1m
Reinhart @ 6.5m
Bennett @ 4.425m
Montour @ 3.5m
Forsling @ 2.6m

Those 5 players have been a steal.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
hyman is at 68 goals in total for the year. would like to see oilers get swept but wouldn't mind seeing hyman get 71 goals just to f*** with malthews

When in the entire history of the nhl has anyone ever considered combining reg season and playoffs?

What an odd thing to say

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yeah after watching this ass kicking I’m not as down on the Leafs as I was before lol. There is no way the Leafs or any other team is beating Florida. Way too deep, their forecheck is nuts, their D is suffocating, they’re tough. They’re the Champs.

The Atlantic Division is nuts. TB back to back Cups, Florida about to win 1
Pretty funny listening to some clueless fans wanting Florida over Boston. Leafs were beating nobody as usual. I think Tre is smart enough to realize it. Dumbas may still not get it.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Shockingly Nurse isn't a minus player tonight. lol
Thats because their defense outside of Ekholm and Bouchard is crap, and Bouchard himself is primarily an offensive weapon.

They were carried all year by McDrai and Ekholm. They have run into the best team in hockey and this is what happens when you aren't deep.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
True but you also need to look at how Panthers are dominating the Oilers. TWO goals in 8 periods.
That's what happens sometimes. Seems like the Panthers learned from last year when they got completely dominated by the Knights where they lost in 5 and 3 of those games they allowed 5 or more goals. This year Bob has been great and their team is playing great in front of him. If the Oilers end up losing this series in a similar fashion, who knows maybe they can learn as well and come back better next year.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
FLA has a couple high paid players, but their mid to underpaid players are really preforming for them, Zito has done tidy business there.. I don't think you can find a team has had players playing at an elite level like these guys while being this underpaid.

Verhaeghe @ 4.1m
Reinhart @ 6.5m
Bennett @ 4.425m
Montour @ 3.5m
Forsling @ 2.6m

Those 5 players have been a steal.
Reinhart/Montour are about to get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad