Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Looked pretty bad to me when he was speaking to the trainer on the ice. Barkov kept wincing. Thats a bad sign. but I hope you are right.

I love watching Barkov play (except against the Leafs :laugh:)

Barkov has single handedly killed Oilers' PP and absolutely stumped McDavid line even when its loaded with Hyman-McDavid-Draisaitl

Thats some Dave Keon type hockey by Barkov. It would absolutely SUCK if he can't go for the rest of the series while that dirty pos Drai continues to play
Still remembered how some posters here laughed at me when I said I rate Barkov higher than MM and how they kept at me about MM is the better player esp on defensive side despite being a winger with their advanced stats…
Those were great times.
For the record I also said Point is a comparison to MM too.
But posters here kept saying Barkov and Point are not at the same level as MM. Think they are right.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Still remembered how some posters here laughed at me when I said I rate Barkov higher than MM and how they kept at me about MM is the better player esp on defensive side despite being a winger with their advanced stats…
Those were great times.
For the record I also said Point is a comparison to MM too.
But posters here kept saying Barkov and Point are not at the same level as MM. Think they are right.

Barkov IMO is the best defensive center in the league today. He is probably the best since prime Bergeron. Barkov is a BEAST!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If the Oilers get swept or lose in 5 then it’ll prove they didn’t deserve this Cup Finals berth and they really did have a cakewalk path to the Finals.

Yeah with Vegas in the Central it’ll be a cakewalk for the Oilers to at least reach the Conference Finals. And the bloodbath that is the Central bracket could see them face a weakened opponent opening the door to a Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Dallas was out of gas against them and the Oilers were clutch enough when it mattered most that series. Panthers haven’t gone through much adversity at all so far so they’re pretty fresh and are much better prepared this year.

I’ll shed no tears for the Oilers but I wish it were almost any other team but the Panthers.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
So Drai and Hyman have been sort of invisible in two games so far.
I saw draisaitl try and take barkovs head off

If the Oilers get swept or lose in 5 then it’ll prove they didn’t deserve this Cup Finals berth and they really did have a cakewalk path to the Finals.

Dallas was out of gas against them and the Oilers were clutch enough when it mattered most that series. Panthers haven’t gone through much adversity at all so far so they’re pretty fresh and are much better prepared this year.

I’ll shed no tears for the Oilers but I wish it were almost any other team but the Panthers.
They could win it all and it would still be obvious they had a cakewalk to the finals.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Didn't see a lot of the game, got home late and skipped to last ten minutes.

Thought it was a dirty hit. Be shocked if it's not 1 game, be shocked if it's more.

Edmonton appears to have the home crowd bullet left. Doesn't look like enough.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Didn’t like Drai dirty hit but gotta give credits for taking accountability. We need to get better and it starts with me. Dammm, I wish our guys will say stuff or believe stuff like that instead of it was a good lessons or we are close, or we didn’t get the bounces, there is nothing wrong with what we are doing…..

Oilers easy path to the finals is a myth. They beat Vancouver who finished ahead of them in their own division and they beat the Stars who seemed like the most popular pick for the cup this year.

Saying they had an easy path comes off as sour grapes.
It was easy bc they made it look easy. Something we have not seen from our boys.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Oilers easy path to the finals is a myth. They beat Vancouver who finished ahead of them in their own division and they beat the Stars who seemed like the most popular pick for the cup this year.

Saying they had an easy path comes off as sour grapes.
Dallas was a hard out they deserve credit for. LA and the 'Nucks? Not so much.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Didn’t like Drai dirty hit but gotta give credits for taking accountability. We need to get better and it starts with me. Dammm, I wish our guys will say stuff or believe stuff like that instead of it was a good lessons or we are close, or we didn’t get the bounces, there is nothing wrong with what we are doing…..

It was easy bc they made it look easy. Something we have not seen from our boys.
We were right there...:sarcasm:

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Jeez man how did we stick with depth those past years that can't even elevate to Rodrigues in the playoffs. You'd think a guy like Mikheyev should be a whole tier better than Rodrigues with that size and legs. Can't even blame Dubas on that one, playoffs is just unpredictable in some instances, you need a 6th sense to see how that will play out. Nothing but bad luck for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad