Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
LOL. No I wouldn't. I barely rip these clowns for anything they say to the media. I rip them for being losers on the ice and wanting to be paid like SC champs.

Again you are another Leafs fan trying to defend our core. Problem is you are choosing the best player this generation has ever seen to do it which is comical.

Who is defending the core man. I want them broken up. Are you illiterate? It’s a simple comparison about how people react to our stars in their media availability compared to the other stars around the league. Never once did I say our stars are better players. You brought up that shit out of no where. A media avail has nothing to do with on ice performance.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Who is defending the core man. I want them broken up. Are you illiterate? It’s a simple comparison about how people react to our stars in their media availability compared to the other stars around the league. Never once did I say our stars are better players. You brought up that shit out of no where. A media avail has nothing to do with on ice performance.
You seem to want to catch ToneDog in this weird "gotcha" moment but it just ain't there.

McDavid is actively one of the best playoff producers of all time in this current moment and has his team in the cup finals. Marner is a perennial playoff choker who's never won more than 5 games in the postseason. Ya think the context might matter just a little bit when trying to dissect comments to the media?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
LOL. No I wouldn't. I barely rip these clowns for anything they say to the media. I rip them for being losers on the ice and wanting to be paid like SC champs.

Again you are another Leafs fan trying to defend our core. Problem is you are choosing the best player this generation has ever seen to do it which is comical.
We laugh at them for what they say in the media.
Handshake line, right there, lessons learned, Gods, legend, etc.
How can you not?
Their play in the playoffs however is no laughing matter. Not even a cheering one.

You seem to want to catch ToneDog in this weird "gotcha" moment but it just ain't there.

McDavid is actively one of the best playoff producers of all time in this current moment and has his team in the cup finals. Marner is a perennial playoff choker who's never won more than 5 games in the postseason. Ya think the context might matter just a little bit when trying to dissect comments to the media?
You look at Edmonton and you can easily go down the list of flaws. Yet they are in the finals and have won rounds before this.

That makes us look so much worse. You would think this team could at least luck out once, but no, it just shows how extra bad.
It doesn’t matter if we were in the West playing the Kings. They’d still find a way to lose it. Somehow.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Watched that presser, there was nothing wrong with what McDavid said. Better team doesn't always win and recently EDM was on both sides of that, nothing to read into.

That team is in the SCF on the backs of McDrai, Hyman and Bouchard. There's nothing else going on with that roster, it's mind boggling they are where they are given the Oilers have Nurse and Ceci in their top 4. Team overall is seriously flawed.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Could you imagine if any of our star players said this shit? They’d be getting buried by the media and this board
The difference is the stars, and supposed leaders, talk about lessons learned and how the media is to blame for picking a scapegoat after another first round loss. McDavid, on the other hand, stands up to for his teammates and takes ownership of everything, including the narrative. This after several years of successful playoff runs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Here is the data to back that up.

The last 3 playoffs results only 2021-22 thru 2023-24 Scoring leaders. McDavid and Draisaitl are #1 and #2 in playoff scoring and have won 6 playoff rounds past 3 years.

1717940462488.png

The Leafs 3 Amigos don't even have that many points over their entire 8 year playoff careers and have won only 1 single playoff round.

1717940640130.png

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

The last 3 playoffs results only 2021-22 thru 2023-24 Scoring leaders. McDavid and Draisaitl are #1 and #2 in playoff scoring and have won 6 playoff rounds past 3 years.

View attachment 880877

The Leafs 3 Amigos don't even have that many points over their entire 8 year playoff careers and have won only 1 single playoff round.

View attachment 880878
3 Amigos? I'd say it's more like The Three Stooges.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

View attachment 880877

View attachment 880878
In the overwhelming majority of big moments situations ( JT return to Long Island, all the NBC and TNT national games, games 7, etc) Matthews doesn’t show up. How many times have they ( networks) hyped him up on national game and he’s not noticeable? They’ve actually stopped the hype, for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: fahad203

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Maybe he shouldn’t have been buying and consuming hundreds of bud lights before the final round of the playoffs. Legit can’t wait 2 f***ing weeks? So unprofessional

Hockey players drink all the time. First trip to the cup finals don’t mind them celebrating one bit. Even seen baseball cellys?

Connon buying cheap beer had nothing to do with the loss bud. The guy in Florida’s net had something to do with it.

Reactions: BallardEra

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Hockey players drink all the time. First trip to the cup finals don’t mind them celebrating one bit. Even seen baseball cellys?

Connon buying cheap beer had nothing to do with the loss bud. The guy in Florida’s net had something to do with it.
Nope, celebrated too early and the hockey gods took note. I don’t really care if hockey players drink all the time, this is the ultimate prize and you can’t stay focussed for two more weeks? I’d be f***ing livid if that was the Leafs. Bring it home then go wild. No excuses. The fact I can bring this up at all is a disgrace.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Playoff stats comparison Leafs 3 Stars vs Oilers deadly Duo

1717942738151.png

Why our Leafs are so screwed when it comes to poor Cap management and very bad bang for your buck playoff return analysis when the points really matter.

Either of McDavid or Draisailt have as many playoff points individually as Matthews and Marner combined would.

- Auston Matthews consumes $11.634 mil AAV of Leafs Cap which is only
-$1.16 mil less than the $12.5 mil AAV. Starting next year AM $13.25 mil exceeds it.

- Mitch Marner consumes $10.9 mil AAV of Leafs Cap which is
+$2.4 mil more than Oilers Draisaitl @ $8.5 mil AAV consumes. Marner wants a nice raise.

- William Nylander based on being the lowest of the 3 Leafs productively just got a nice raise up to $11.5 mil AAV. About to make him the 7th highest Cap player in NHL.

This helps explain why Oilers are competitng for the Stanley Cup and our Leafs are 1 and done most playoff seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nope, celebrated too early and the hockey gods took note. I don’t really care if hockey players drink all the time, this is the ultimate prize and you can’t stay focussed for two more weeks? I’d be f***ing livid if that was the Leafs. Bring it home then go wild. No excuses. The fact I can bring this up at all is a disgrace.
I thought you were being sarcastic….

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I just looked up the price of 24 cans of Molson - 60 bucks. I thought the $25 I paid a few weeks ago was steep

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Playoff stats comparison Leafs 3 Stars vs Oilers deadly Duo

View attachment 880893

Why our Leafs are so screwed when it comes to poor Cap management and very bad bang for your buck playoff return analysis when the points really matter.

Either of McDavid or Draisailt have as many playoff points individually as Matthews and Marner combined would.

- Auston Matthews consumes $11.634 mil AAV of Leafs Cap which is only
-$1.16 mil less than the $12.5 mil AAV. Starting next year AM $13.25 mil exceeds it.

- Mitch Marner consumes $10.9 mil AAV of Leafs Cap which is
+$2.4 mil more than Oilers Draisaitl @ $8.5 mil AAV consumes. Marner wants a nice raise.

- William Nylander based on being the lowest of the 3 Leafs productively just got a nice raise up to $11.5 mil AAV. About to make him the 7th highest Cap player in NHL.

This helps explain why Oilers are competitng for the Stanley Cup and our Leafs are 1 and done most playoff seasons.

Cap management really doesn't have much to do with it. Their stars just wants it more
That's always been the case.

The sooner we stop the comparison the better it is for us. As far as I am concerned we are not in the same league

Reactions: uncleben

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I think the Oilers missed an opportunity last night. Panthers after a long break come back lethargic like they did Game 1 versus Boston.

A win like last night also gives Maurice some fuel to tell them they need to step it up and I think the Panthers will.

I just can't see a team with a second pairing of Ceci/Nurse and a goalie like Skinner who rocks a .897 SV% in these playoffs actually winning the Cup.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Cap management really doesn't have much to do with it. Their stars just wants it more
That's always been the case.

The sooner we stop the comparison the better it is for us. As far as I am concerned we are not in the same league
I agree with the sentiment that they want it more and produce at a level that supports it.

Leo Draisaitl last serious became the 3rd fastest player to reach 100 playoff points behind only Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.

His teammate McDavid had 96 points at the time and passed the 100 point mark at playoff game #62

Oilers' Draisaitl becomes third fastest player to record 100 playoff points​

Only a matter of time before Oilers hoist the Cup because of the playoff productivity of their stars.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Tune into the finals thread. Some idiot Oil fan believes the Panthers are scared of Nurse and Bouchard.:DD
Bouchard is a good player at least. Nurse is crap.

EDIT: Bouchard also wins the Brett Connolly and Frank Seravalli Award of "I Look Eight Decades Older Than I Actually Am".

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad