Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This game tonight brought back memories and feelings when our Leafs nearly got swept by the Panthers last year.

Paul Maurice is such a good coach and like I use to say when he was ours .. "Never say never to a Paul Maurice coached team".

"Defense Wins Championships" and posting a Shutout to start the finals has Florida off to a great start.
Good lesson for the Leafs.
One built on the premise of offense, one built from the net out with balance.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Good lesson for the Leafs.
One built on the premise of regular season offense, one built from the overpayment out with balanced overpayments through the core and goaltending as consistent as spring weather.

Fixed for Leafiness

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bettman's NHL still doesn't have any respect in the US of A

GPlzI00aoAAecKz

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Bettman's NHL still doesn't have any respect in the US of A

GPlzI00aoAAecKz
That’s MSPN for you

ETA That’s actually a brilliant marketing strategy that might attract the odd fan. They should have used the LA Rams logo and every other state that needs a boost, use their local NFL logo. It would have at least caught a few in the first minute, created a ratings rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Edmonton is in the Atlantic, do they make the playoffs?

This season I think so. The bottom of the Atlantic and Metro are terrible, and the middle isn't much better. Washington only got in because Detroit and Philadelphia choked to end the season. Edmonton would've made it in over the Caps, after that who knows.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Panthers caught sleeping after the long break but bury their chances for the win. Clutch.

Oilers looked a lot like Leafs of past years. Generating good chances but then very poor execution on the finish. You can see from a mile away Bobrovsky is ready to commit to low backhand deke, and Oilers kept going low backhand deke on their breakaways. Another example is Nuge ripping it 100 feet wide on an open net. McDavid uses the jets to cut to the net but then bails at the very last second as a Panther is in the crease and opts for a little floater on Bob. Waste of that nice cut.

And of course gotta bring up grit. That second goal against is a disgrace. Soft dump and chase by Bennett but he's still able to get the puck first and make the easy pass. That goal doesn't exist in a Leafs (2024 and Liljegren on the bench) vs Panthers series. Leafs D would have pinned him quick and tied up his stick. That's way too soft by the Oilers they need to ramp up the physicality if they want a Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunItBackAgain

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The exact response I expected! One that glazes a non leaf off haha
Because it s the correct response. He got them to the SCF, he is putting up 1.5 PPG in the playoffs and is next to 66 and 99 in career PPG and you want fans to criticize him after game #1. LOL. Take off the blinders my friend.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Because it s the correct response.

No it’s not, we are talking about media responses. And the fact of the matter is if Marner said that in a Stanley cup final there is a zero percent chance you’d give him the same grace. You and I both know that and in fact you’d be one of the leaders racing to HF Boards to point out how big of an excuse that comment is.

Because it s the correct response. He got them to the SCF, he is putting up 1.5 PPG in the playoffs and is next to 66 and 99 in career PPG and you want fans to criticize him after game #1. LOL. Take off the blinders my friend.

What does this have to do with his stats? Is anyone critiquing his play right now? I’m strictly talking about how McDavid responds to the media. That was a shitty answer, point, blank period. Nothing to do with stats, stats aren’t even relevant in what we are discussing right now.

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No it’s not, we are talking about media responses. And the fact of the matter is if Marner said that in a Stanley cup final there is a zero percent chance you’d give him the same grace. You and I both know that and in fact you’d be one of the leaders racing to HF Boards to point out how big of an excuse that comment is.
LOL. No I wouldn't. I barely rip these clowns for anything they say to the media. I rip them for being losers on the ice and wanting to be paid like SC champs.

What does this have to do with his stats? Is anyone critiquing his play right now? I’m strictly talking about how McDavid responds to the media. That was a shitty answer, point, blank period. Nothing to do with stats, stats aren’t even relevant in what we are discussing right now.
Again you are another Leafs fan trying to defend our core. Problem is you are choosing the best player this generation has ever seen to do it which is comical.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think you're really stretching here bro

Again you are another Leafs fan trying to defend our core. Problem is you are choosing the best player this generation has ever seen to do it which is comical.
Personally if I had Connor McDavid on my team the last thing I'd care about is comments like that to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad