Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Goaltending matters so much. Boggles my mind why so many around here are incessant we can win dumpster diving on the position.
Goaltending does matter so much. It is the single most important player on the ice every game, by far. The issue is that it's also the most volatile in terms of what you get, by far, and performance and cost are the least correlated of any position, by far. Unless you already have one of the handful of mostly homegrown goalies that have shown some differentiation from the pack over an extended period of time, spending more than the common amount spent is often just throwing away money on the same general quality.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
40 minutes in and I am becoming more and more convinced that we're not even close to being a Cup contender.

The intensity that both these teams are playing at right now is at a level that far exceeds what our core 4 upfront can ever get to. Especially Marner.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
40 minutes in and I am becoming more and more convinced that we're not even close to being a Cup contender.

The intensity that both these teams are playing at right now is at a level that far exceeds what our core 4 upfront can ever get to. Especially Marner.
Yes and no. Leafs have some holes, mostly on D and in net, but the Leafs will go as far as the core 5 carries them in the playoffs. It's the model they've locked themselves into. I'm skeptical the core will ever get it done but ya never know I guess.

Reactions: mikeyz

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

Yet we gotta re-sign him!!!!11ONE

Our core is a loser core whether we want to admit it or not.

It's like 60-65 farenheit or 15-18 celsius. It's not really that cold.
Used to live in South Florida, the average January high in Miami is 78F.

January.

60 F is cold for South Floridians.

Reactions: Al14 and Evilhomer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad