Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I can't believe the Stars have left Pavelski in their lineup. He is well done. He's Leafs-Marleau done.

DeBoer is a fraud of a coach.

DeBoer sucks. How do you play Pavelski's corpse 17 min with time on the PP? No one is going to scratch him, but he basically became a 4th liner in the playoffs, especially in this series. Yet, DeBoer put him out there regularly

Reactions: wingman75

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
In that particular draft moving down was the best value. We weren’t going to be able to move up to grab Dobson or Bouchard, once Miller was picked, Sandin was the next best player. So moving down and getting extra picks made sense. Everyone else inbetween those defenseman except for Dellandrea and Farabee have not established themselves as a legit NHL player. So the leafs did tidy work there. Then we also drafted Durzi who’s pretty good but traded him for Muzzin.

Was actually Dubas's best draft by far. Made some smart picks didn't over think it.

After he went to drafting based on devalued market potential or some stupid shit like that and the results have been us having one full time NHL player from those selections.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Saturday, June 88 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
Monday, June 108 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
Thursday, June 138 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
Saturday, June 158 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
*Tuesday, June 188 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
*Friday, June 218 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS
*Monday, June 248 p.m.ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS

Florida has home ice advantage.

If you’re going to make up something to vent about you could at least make it plausible.
If that was a rule, 1/2 the posts here would be deleted.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nah, Sorry, I’ll call out bs when I see it. I’d expect others to do the same to me if I just make up something fabricated. Like it’s not even a good lie, McDavid skates with our guys in the summer hahaha, so what is IPS even on about, at least come up with a good believable lie

My man, we will never know what goes on behind closed doors but for a group plagued by inconsistent starts, no show efforts vs bottom dwellers on a weekly basis, persistent talk of load management and saving it for the playoffs, then having consistently and no show efforts in the playoffs… It’s equally unfathomable that they’re the hardest working group relative to their peers.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
All this horseshit talk of us being "fundamentally flawed" and wanting desperately to dump Mitch, are so full of shit.

Team is better than the Oilers and look where they are now. Once you're a good competitive team, it's all random bullshit after that. Defense? Cody f***in' Ceci and Darnell Nurse? Give me a break. Goalie - Stuart Skinner/Pickford? f*** Off. This random shit. Marner is a great player who needs to get his shit together come play off time and you assholes want to dump him for anyone willing to take on the money.

We had 1 year where we actually choked against the god damn Habs, other than that we got beat by teams equal (Columbus) or better than us. Before the Matthews/Marner era we were pure garbage and if Leaf management would act like the posters here - we would be headed right back to those times.

Oilers in the finals - go f*** yourself hockey gods

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
At the very least, Florida will be more physical with Edmonton's best players, unlike Dallas. Maybe Dallas was afraid of getting penalized for touching McDrai, and I guess I don't fault them there. We've seen some extremely soft calls favouring the Oilers
Florida can rough it up all they want, that'll play into Edmonton's hands. Their PP is all world and will potentially win them the series. Not to mention their PK is air-tight right now.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
My man, we will never know what goes on behind closed doors but for a group plagued by inconsistent starts, no show efforts vs bottom dwellers on a weekly basis, persistent talk of load management and saving it for the playoffs, then having consistently and no show efforts in the playoffs… It’s equally unfathomable that they’re the hardest working group relative to their peers.

Stephen we have anecdotal evidence and videos proving otherwise. And what does it matter anyways? The oilers all gathered together early before the season and had one of the worst starts to a season in franchise history. Then turned it around. It means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
All this horseshit talk of us being "fundamentally flawed" and wanting desperately to dump Mitch, are so full of shit.

Team is better than the Oilers and look where they are now. Once you're a good competitive team, it's all random bullshit after that. Defense? Cody f***in' Ceci and Darnell Nurse? Give me a break. Goalie - Stuart Skinner/Pickford? f*** Off. This random shit. Marner is a great player who needs to get his shit together come play off time and you assholes want to dump him for anyone willing to take on the money.

We had 1 year where we actually choked against the god damn Habs, other than that we got beat by teams equal (Columbus) or better than us. Before the Matthews/Marner era we were pure garbage and if Leaf management would act like the posters here - we would be headed right back to those times.

The only thing we don't have that the Oilers do have is a Superstar duo that literally said "f*** it, we're not losing" and forced their will on every game.

Show me 1 series where we saw that from our best players...

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
They actually did it, wow.

I was indifferent about Dubas when he left but now I will admit that he did a terrible job here. Hyman should have been a Leaf for life. Outside of Rielly, I don’t really like any of the players on the Leafs, just an unlikable group.

My only hope is that McDavid wins the cup for Edmonton then comes home because I don’t think these guys here can get it done.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Florida can rough it up all they want, that'll play into Edmonton's hands. Their PP is all world and will potentially win them the series. Not to mention their PK is air-tight right now.

Better to be physical than giving both of them time and space to make plays. Can't show them too much respect or they'll burn you

I'm sure Florida, who also has a good PK, will be fine if a few penalties came from punishing star players

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

Look, another member of the "we have to run it back again eventually they will get it and make it to the final." club.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

I don't think there is much random about the Oilers best players.... being their best players.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Lack of leadership and direction can also be added. I'm still waiting for one of our Leaf Leaders to speak like this (not in my lifetime, I bet):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad